Squad until Jan

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Why assume Rooney is out for the season , has this been announced today ?

I don't think anything's been announced, but if it is an ACL injury (and it looked very much like one, unfortunately), then the absolute best case is probably the Will Hughes one - he's back for the last 10 games or so, but is nowhere near match fit.

1 hour ago, Magicman said:

Assuming everyone is fit then my first and second teams are as follows using 433 

Wildsmith 

Rooney Nelson Cashin Fozzy 

NML Tomo Hourihane 

Embledon JJ Waghorn 

Vickers 

Ward Bradley Cox Elder 

Smith Fornah Sibley 

Barks Collins Washington 

Mendez-Laing (a winger) CM, Embleton (an AM) RW? No Wilson or Bird?
A few other debateable positions (Waghorn LW, Barkhuizen RW and Bradley RCB)

On 04/09/2023 at 11:30, DCFC Kicks said:

If one full back is so much higher than the other, how can it still be classed as a back 4? From what I've seen, they change between a back 3 and back 4 in games, but it looks more like a back 3 most of the time.🤷‍♂️

In that case under Mac we never played 433. We played 235?

38 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Ok good point. But Mac's teams weren't lopsided left or right. Forsyth was playing the same distance up the pitch as NML most of the game, if not higher.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, man city and arsenal almost always play a lopsided formation...

34 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wasnt sure where to put it but in this article Warne states Sibley, Wilson  Ward, Thompson & Bird are back this week...

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-transfers-paul-warne-8730863

Think the formatting of the article is misleading, he names the players who are injured then there’s a full stop before the sentence that says Sibley will be back this week. I’m assuming the others are out for longer;

"Joe Ward, Kane, Thommo, Birdy. Sibs will be back this week. If we have the budget to bring in somebody else then great.

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Think the formatting of the article is misleading, he names the players who are injured then there’s a full stop before the sentence that says Sibley will be back this week. I’m assuming the others are out for longer;

"Joe Ward, Kane, Thommo, Birdy. Sibs will be back this week. If we have the budget to bring in somebody else then great.

In a previous interview he suggested Wilson may be back in a couple of weeks. I'll be surprised if the rest are back before October.

Once we’ve got players back from injury I’d like to see something close to this:

Wildsmith 

Ward      Nelson        Cashin        Fozzy 

Fornah                 Bird

NML                  Sibley         Thompson

Waghorn 

Other options in each position:

GK- Vickers

RB- Wilson (Smith could also drop back there)

CB- Bradley (Forsyth could move across too)

LB- Elder

CM- Hourihane, Smith, Robinson, Radcliffe 

CAM- Embleton

Wingers- Barkhuizen, Richards

Strikers- John-Jules, Collins, Washington, Brown

- Feel there’d be so much more energy in this side, which would obviously help significantly with trying to press.

- Wanna see Robinson, Radcliffe, Richards and Brown in and around the first team, and given significant minutes in the Papa Johns Trophy. Brown, Robinson and Radcliffe were all regular features in preseason yet can’t get a minute on the pitch.

- Thompson to play his sort of inverted number 10 role where he comes inside when we’re on the ball like he was before his injury.

Edited by JustOneBiblicalKazim

Wildsmith

Ward  Nelson  Cashin  Fozzy

Fornah    Bird

NML          Sibley       TJ-J

Waghorn

---

Vickers

Wilson   Bradley  (Fozzy)  Elder

Tommo/Smith  Hourihane

Barkhuizen   Embleton   Washington

Collins