BELPER TAPAS TRAIL 8TH AND 9th SEPTEMBER

sage

3 hours ago, sage said:

Hundreds out and about for the Tapas Trail again today. Half the places are sold out now. What a weekend.

Nice to see @Killer Shoes for the first time since Faro 2016. 

Great idea and you certainly had the weather. Sounds like it's gone down a storm too. Suspect your selected venues will be chuffed too and will know better what to expect should you run another event. Clearly you should!

Well played Sage 👏

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Late change of plans meant we couldnt make it. By all accounts it was a success and people who went said they enjoyed it.

I ended up at a Soul Night in Utch displaying my incredible dancing technique....🤣

I wondered where you was? Mind you, I didn’t go either!🤣

20 hours ago, sage said:

Hundreds out and about for the Tapas Trail again today. Half the places are sold out now. What a weekend.

Nice to see @Killer Shoes for the first time since Faro 2016.   

Serious question, with the rugby and football that was on, do you have a rough estimate of those that were out specifically for the Tapas Trail as oppose to those that were out for the day blissfully unaware the Tapas Trail was taking place and snapped up the dishes that were on offer.

Let's say I wasn't on Facebook, haven't seen any advertising, was out down the High Street and saw a chalkboard with £3 Potato Bravas, ordered, demolished, unaware of this trail and went home after this one visit, does that mean I attended the trail or not? 

It's an interesting concept, not knocking it at all, just curious as to how you can gauge the success to see if it's something that can be an annual event where the local pubs can increase the availability.

Just thinking you could perhaps have guided tours where tickets are sold which enable you to purchase a dish, some historians on hand to offer some interesting tidbits around Belper as groups are split on different routes of the trail. 

22 minutes ago, David said:

Serious question, with the rugby and football that was on, do you have a rough estimate of those that were out specifically for the Tapas Trail as oppose to those that were out for the day blissfully unaware the Tapas Trail was taking place and snapped up the dishes that were on offer.

Let's say I wasn't on Facebook, haven't seen any advertising, was out down the High Street and saw a chalkboard with £3 Potato Bravas, ordered, demolished, unaware of this trail and went home after this one visit, does that mean I attended the trail or not? 

It's an interesting concept, not knocking it at all, just curious as to how you can gauge the success to see if it's something that can be an annual event where the local pubs can increase the availability.

Just thinking you could perhaps have guided tours where tickets are sold which enable you to purchase a dish, some historians on hand to offer some interesting tidbits around Belper as groups are split on different routes of the trail. 

Having 282 followers for the Facebook group suggests that the marketing was a major factor. We also had mentions on 3 other community Facebook groups. Each pub had posters up for 2 weeks and created their own Facebook Tapas pages or linked to the group.

On a more anecdotal basis, I talked to dozens of people, they had all joined the group, or at least one of their party had. Mostly from the original posters, then word of mouth. Many people commented on going in pubs they have never been in before or hadn't been in in years. So it was a good promotion for pubs, especially those with new owners.

I don't think guided tours are a good idea, as bars don't want 20 or 30 people arriving en masse wanting Tapas all at the same time. It was possibly too busy as it was, with some long waits for food and many places running out or suspending orders. I think they need to do less cooked to order food and have stuff already ready.

Obviously the sunshine helped, however if it had been half as busy it still would have been a success as food would have been served till later. 

It will definitely happen again, just need to decide how many times a year and if more pubs want to join. I have 282 people in the group, so I have a solid base to promote to next time.   

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Having 282 followers for the Facebook group suggests that the marketing was a major factor. We also had mentions on 3 other community Facebook groups. Each pub had posters up for 2 weeks and created their own Facebook Tapas pages or linked to the group.

On a more anecdotal basis, I talked to dozens of people, they had all joined the group, or at least one of their party had. Mostly from the original posters, then word of mouth. Many people commented on going in pubs they have never been in before or hadn't been in in years. So it was a good promotion for pubs, especially those with new owners.

I don't think guided tours are a good idea, as bars don't want 20 or 30 people arriving en masse wanting Tapas all at the same time. It was possibly too busy as it was, with some long waits for food and many places running out or suspending orders. I think they need to do less cooked to order food and have stuff already ready.

Obviously the sunshine helped, however if it had been half as busy it still would have been a success as food would have been served till later. 

It will definitely happen again, just need to decide how many times a year and if more pubs want to join. I have 282 people in the group, so I have a solid base to promote to next time.   

Just going to point out, Derby County have 582k followers on Facebook, needless to say we don't get that many trying for tickets 😜

Great news for local pubs though as the industry is struggling somewhat, even if they can grab 20 new/returning regular customers be good for the area.

By groups I was only thinking 10 to 15, various start times.

Another suggestion, get a football and have a huge kick about on the streets on the way round, works for Ashbourne! 😂

6 minutes ago, David said:

Just going to point out, Derby County have 582k followers on Facebook, needless to say we don't get that many trying for tickets 😜

Great news for local pubs though as the industry is struggling somewhat, even if they can grab 20 new/returning regular customers be good for the area.

By groups I was only thinking 10 to 15, various start times.

Another suggestion, get a football and have a huge kick about on the streets on the way round, works for Ashbourne! 😂

oh   

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’m sure next time a few more pubs will want to now jump on the band wagon. It will help ease the lack of snap too if others are selling little nose bags also.

Yeah, i'm hoping to get up to 12 pubs.