The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Raich Carter said:

The geek in me can't help but wonder if this poll allowed multiple votes over time and then plot the sentiment against games. I imagine the view is quite different after a couple of wins and if we lose a few then it'd be back to 'Warne out'... Fickle much? 😉

I imagine the view is quite different after he gets promotion this season and if we lose a few it'd be back to 'Not a Championship manager'....Fickle much? 😉 

46 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I imagine the view is quite different after he gets promotion this season and if we lose a few it'd be back to 'Not a Championship manager'....Fickle much? 😉 

I still don't see him as a long term solution (which is why I would have already replaced him with someone else by now if I was in the position to make those decisions), but he deserves to keep his job if he takes us up, then he deserves to stay in the job as long as we don't get dragged into a relegation battle once promoted. We then need to see continuous improvement year on year (as per N Clough). An argument could be made if we miss out on automatics by a small margin and have a QPR type defeat in the playoffs

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I still don't see him as a long term solution (which is why I would have already replaced him with someone else by now if I was in the position to make those decisions), but he deserves to keep his job if he takes us up, then he deserves to stay in the job as long as we don't get dragged into a relegation battle once promoted. We then need to see continuous improvement year on year (as per N Clough). An argument could be made if we miss out on automatics by a small margin and have a QPR type defeat in the playoffs

For goodness sake  . He’s fine for us long term or short term 

I don’t see any problem with him. 

Edited by Curtains
Added

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why not. 

Horses for courses I guess

3 promotions with Rotherham...Good

3 Relegations with Rotherham...Bad

Circa 18 game unbeaten run last season...Good

Failed to get in the play offs...Bad

Average start this season...played 6 won 3 lost 3 including the Cup game.

PW wants to play with 3 at the back...not so good

PW reverts to 4 at the back through injuries...Good

Not knowing what Waghorn's character is...Not so good

PW announcing that players have had their heads turned...Not so good 

He comes across as a nice fella...as a Manager the jury is out for me...this season is make or break for him.

1 minute ago, The Last Post said:

Horses for courses I guess

3 promotions with Rotherham...Good

3 Relegations with Rotherham...Bad

Circa 18 game unbeaten run last season...Good

Failed to get in the play offs...Bad

Average start this season...played 6 won 3 lost 3 including the Cup game.

PW wants to play with 3 at the back...not so good

PW reverts to 4 at the back through injuries...Good

Not knowing what Waghorn's character is...Not so good

PW announcing that players have had their heads turned...Not so good 

He comes across as a nice fella...as a Manager the jury is out for me...this season is make or break for him.

Ridiculous post 

Hope you have to eat your words 

Edited by Curtains

47 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

What is it about Paul Warne's 100%-relegation record in the league we want to be in, that makes you think he's a good long term fit? 😉

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. I think Warne will get us out of this appalling Division this season. It will be a rollercoaster ride but I think he will do it . Next season will we trust him to re-build again on a tiny budget compared to the Parachute teams? I don’t know. 

18 hours ago, Rev said:

I think the opposite.

Last season was the chance to go in that direction, I believe everyone would have accepted the new reality and got behind the boys regardless. 

Once we started bringing in ex prem footballers, and well known Championship players, that increased the fans expectations, alongside the recruitment of a new management team a few weeks later. 

I'm not saying the strategy DC went for was right or wrong, but if we'd have gone down the route of playing the kids, I'd suggest our fans would've backed it well beyond 15 games.

The fans wouldn't have backed it because we would be sitting at the bottom of the league. Derby county in League one should be at the top competing for promotion. Ultimately it's not about older players for the short term or buying young players for the long term. You need both. It's the blend of youth and experience that makes a well balanced team.