Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

37 minutes ago, jameso said:

Do you mean the deal was Cashin to Brighton (which I knew about) and then Brighton to loan him to Ipswich or Blackburn (which I didn't)?

Sorry - I obviously didn't get the memo! 🤣

Correct.  Brighton had discussions with these clubs prior to agreeing any deal with Derby.  Maybe the loan fee they were planning on getting would be utilised to give Derby more cash up front to convince them not to bother with a loan back.  It all went Pete Tong regardless.  

I hear a fair bit but don't really put it on here.  I have on this occasion to try and spread a bit of light on a lot of last minute confusion.

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

It was on Radio Derby that he had an option for a further year.

I fully expect him to leave in this window - it seems the agent talk is already starting…

£ 5 million and put Fozzy in his place with Cox/Elder at LB. 

2 hours ago, Magicman said:

£ 5 million and put Fozzy in his place with Cox/Elder at LB. 

At the beginning of the season, Fozzy was going to be a bit part player and now you are advocating playing him out of position to replace our most cultured ball player in defence.

If we do as you suggest; we would be worse off both at centre half and at LB.

Should we get 5M, and I would be very surprised if we did, we must reinvest that into the team by bringing in a replacement centre half and using the rest to offer a 2 year contrat to Nyambe.

8 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

At the beginning of the season, Fozzy was going to be a bit part player and now you are advocating playing him out of position to replace our most cultured ball player in defence.

Should we get 5M, and I would be very surprised if we did, we must reinvest that into the team by bringing in a replacement centre half and using the rest to offer a 2 year contrat to Nyambe.

Shame Rooney is injured, he'd be a good shout to replace. We can't roll with Bradley, he's horrendous. Can't see us getting £5m for him when in League One, and if we have a year's option anyway, there's no value in getting rid in January when we're still in with half a shout.

34 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

So you want to sell cashin for 5 million and use it all on a replacement defender and nyambe’s  contract. So no money on a striker or midfielder or winger. I’m glad you are not in charge of transfer business. 

Edited by Barney1991

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

So you want to sell cashin for 5 million and use it all on a replacement defender and nyambe’s  contract. So no money on a striker or midfielder or winger. I’m glad you are not in charge of transfer business. 

5M doesn't go a long way.

A replacement would cost what, 2M? Add on their salary for 3 years, that's another 1.5M and Nyambe's contract would be another 1.5M. That's your 5M gone.

Your suggesting a striker, a midfielder and a winger? What ;planet do you live on! You'd need 10~15M for those players when you factor in transfer fees and wages.

40 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

Fozzy played at LCB most of last season. Cashin is cool but still not 100% can dive in too early.

9 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Of course if we get the right player in Jan or better wait till summer.

Would you seriously suggest we spend the rest of thr season with 5 senior defenders, 4 if Nyambe doesn't sign a new contract?

48 minutes ago, Srg said:

We can't roll with Bradley, he's horrendous.

I suspect this will get proved wrong over the course of the season. I really don't think he's been that bad. Nelson looked as wobbly initially but after consistent gametime looks far more assured. This is why i've endorsed giving Bradley minutes, as how is his form ever supposed to improve if he's not playing? I still think he'll come good. 

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I suspect this will get proved wrong over the course of the season. I really don't think he's been that bad. Nelson looked as wobbly initially but after consistent gametime looks far more assured. This is why i've endorsed giving Bradley minutes, as how is his form ever supposed to improve if he's not playing? I still think he'll come good. 

He played well against Northampton but has been bad in every other game I've seen him. Even at Port Vale the very first thing he did was completely run underneath a long ball and not challenge for it. Seems to be his biggest issue - when he's built like he is he is so tentative in every challenge. Only chance he's got of game time is if there's an injury or Warne tries the ill-fated 352 again.

I’d hope Brighton or West Ham sign him.

as for money I’d expect somewhere between £2-3.5 m realistically 

as for reinvestment 

CB- get a young loan player maybe Ashley Phillips from Tottenham 

CF - loan for Ladapo from Ipswich not getting much proper game time 

CM- I’d seriously try and sign Brannagan from Oxford or a loan player 

W- Blacket Taylor from charlton