Team selection will be interesting

Curtains

13 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

About 60% of the forum after we leave enough space in our defence to park a fleet of transit vans. 

Well Warne can have no idea on his best team at the minute.

Its too early though to judge as players still being integrated 

Lots of work needed on the training ground and at least 2 more additions ie Striker and box to box midfielder.

I think Warne will be ok and get it right .

Not going in East Stand again as booing not acceptable and toxic atmosphere uncomfortable 😣 

If he’s so honest, which he tells us repeatedly he is, he admits defeat and bins the 352. 

The damage done is only the Wigan game, no one’s too fussed about exiting the League Cup but the manner we did was worrying. 

If he doesn’t bin it, I literally don’t know what he’s trying to do or can see compared to the rest of us. 

Edited by Diego

The low lights of Blackpool were Wilson, Hourihane, Smith, and Bradley for me, with an honourable mention for Elder for his shocker for their second.

Not sure if we can afford to leave them all out.

Fozzy coming in as a centre half shored up the defence, which is unfortunate because he was the highlight as a wing back on Saturday.

I think I'd try the same starting back 3 again to *try* and get some form of understanding between them.

Edited by The Running Man

13 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Not going in East Stand again as booing not acceptable and toxic atmosphere uncomfortable 😣 

Was it East Stand? No booing around us in centre middle. Might have been further around us, though - it was pretty loud.

Wildsmith

Ward        Nelson          Cashin       Forsyth

Thompson        Bird

NML              Hourihane         Washington

Brown

(Vickers, Wilson, Rooney, Elder, Smith, Waghorn, Collins)

21 minutes ago, Diego said:

If he’s so honest, which he tells us repeatedly he is, he admits defeat and bins the 352. 

The damage done is only the Wigan game, no one’s too fussed about exiting the League Cup but the manner we did was worrying. 

If he doesn’t bin it, I literally don’t know what he’s trying to do or can see compared to the rest of us. 

Agree to a point, only caveat I’d add is if he does stick with a back 3 then tell the cbs not to overlap, it can be a back 3 without the marauding cb’s. Tell the 3 (Cashin, Bradley, Nelson or Forsyth or whoever) they hold their shape more, if one needs to step into midfield to support its because it’s necessary in the moment and the other two stay, communicate more, and stop attempting the Wilder at Sheff Utd approach.

Failing that, back 4. Either way, be more solid in organisation and shape to stop the tactical spread and apparent confusion of the team leading to panic and individual error.

We improved second half when we sat Bird deeper along side Smith, that gives you a solid shape and creates plenty of passing options for the defence.

Wing backs need to stay deeper and provide options for the midfield and defence, this also helps prevent us being caught on the counter.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Yes booing Upper East middle .

Seemed like everywhere in East 

Probably East Middle day trippers. 

That's where I normally sit (wasn't there last night) and whilst you'll always get the odd individual, I've not noticed a lot of booing or a particularly toxic atmosphere even during the real lows of the last few seasons. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Probably East Middle day trippers. 

That's where I normally sit (wasn't there last night) and whilst you'll always get the odd individual, I've not noticed a lot of booing or a particularly toxic atmosphere even during the real lows of the last few seasons. 

We're only day trippers because our stand was closed. I doubt there were many casual supporters there last night when 15 of the 20,000 season ticket holders didn't bother to attend either! 

I knew dozens of the people around me, all seasoned home and away supporters. 

Just now, angieram said:

We're only day trippers because our stand was closed. I doubt there were many casual supporters there last night when 15 of the 20,000 season ticket holders didn't bother to attend either! 

I knew dozens of the people around me, all seasoned home and away supporters. 

I wasn't criticising anyone for being "day trippers". I was just suggesting that area of the ground probably isn't any worse than other parts.

We're all happy clapping angels where I sit. 😀

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Wildsmith

Ward        Nelson          Cashin       Forsyth

Thompson        Bird

NML              Hourihane         Washington

Brown

(Vickers, Wilson, Rooney, Elder, Smith, Waghorn, Collins)

Love the formation. I would swap Washington for Sibley and we'd be good.

52 minutes ago, SouthDerbysRam said:

I don't think the defence is as bad as folks are making it out to be. I think our problem is defending from the front. Multiple times yesterday, Blackpool walked into our half uncontested. Swapping out the Centre backs is not going to fix our problems.

Hasn't Warne previously said he doesn't care if we get players running through our midfield if we get caught out up front? Swapping the centre backs around won't help, but playing a back four will.

I'm interested in how many of the 5 actually played regularly in a back 3, it seems alien to them!