Is Warne living on borrowed time?

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I'm dismissing people calling for the manager to be sacked or writing the season off after one meh game and one bad game. I stand by that. And even if it doesn't improve and we eventually do part ways with Warne, I will still stand by that because he deserves a bloody chance. 

But right now nobody knows whether it is the correct thing to do or not, if Paul warne went, someone else came in and we got promoted youd say they were right, on the other hand if we stick with Paul Warne and he gets us up then yeah those people will be proven wrong and you would have been right and im sure people would admit that, myself included, but as you say only time will tell, I just think that right now it's a bit naive to completely dismiss the idea and have this blinkered view that it's all going to turn around and that Paul warne (or any manager) should be immune from criticism 

1 minute ago, Stockyram92 said:

But right now nobody knows whether it is the correct thing to do or not, if Paul warne went, someone else came in and we got promoted youd say they were right, on the other hand if we stick with Paul Warne and he gets us up then yeah those people will be proven wrong and you would have been right and im sure people would admit that, myself included, but as you say only time will tell, I just think that right now it's a bit naive to completely dismiss the idea and have this blinkered view that it's all going to turn around and that Paul warne (or any manager) should be immune from criticism 

I think you're reading what you want to read in my posts. I personally think it'll turn around, but in no post have I presented it as a fact. Just my opinion. Removing all obfuscations, the actual crux of the point is the overreaction on here is way out of proportion for the actual performances and that people should calm down. I think well thought out and articulated critique of the manager is valid and should be encouraged. 

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

This made me laugh.

The standards have been set by those at the the club.

The chairman says the expectation is  promotion, the manager says the expectation is promotion, Joe ward says that the expectation is promotion and that they know what standards they have to live up to, every player interviewed has made it clear that we should be seriously challenging for pronotion...

...but god forbid the fans have any expectations or hold them to those standards. 

Paul Warne has been brought in to get us promoted. If people see problems in his performance which they think may stop him achieving that they're allowed to speak up about it, whether that's 2 games into the season or 20.

It doesn't mean they're impatient ingrates baying for blood, willing him to make mistakes so they can have a rant. 

Some people seem to think we should just sit back and meekly accept failure, and be grateful for whatever we get given just because of where we were a year and a bit ago, but it doesn't work like that - the club aren't sitting there feeling sorry for themselves so why should the fans?

Nobody is saying we shouldn't be aiming for promotion, or that we should just "sit back and accept failure."

The point is we're 1 league game into a season and people are literally saying that this is last chance saloon for the manager. If that isn't being an impatient ingrate then I don't know what is.

I have no problem with people criticising the manager or the players. They deserve it. But going overboard and saying there should be managerial change now is, frankly, moronic. 

5 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

I don't think anyone is realistically saying Warne is immune from criticism, just that it would be sensible to stick with a manager for a while rather than sacking him early on with money we don't have.

For what it's worth I can see why people think PW is a bit limited, but if we wanted a manager with a proven record in this division we couldn't really have appointed anyone better (at least that we could afford or would want to leave another job for us).

Warne might be limited but so is Neil Warnock, yet if you want to navigate the Championship he's the man you go to.

I don’t think it’s all about warne, I think everybody thinks it would be daft to sack warne at this point

but I think there is a lot of anxiety at the direction we are going in. We are weaker than last season that much is clear, and warne is playing some bizarre football at the minute with nothing for the fans to see what he’s building

that is the key when it comes to managers they may not deliver instantly but they need to be seen to be building something and have a plan for what’s around the corner

i think we have a real lack of direction as a club at the minute

Just now, alram said:

but I think there is a lot of anxiety at the direction we are going in. We are weaker than last season that much is clear, and warne is playing some bizarre football at the minute with nothing for the fans to see what he’s building

How can it be clear that we are worse than last season after 1 league game? 

Just now, Andicis said:

How can it be clear that we are worse than last season after 1 league game? 

Because we look worse and the squad hasn’t been strengthened if you think otherwise then fair enough but I absolutely do not agree we are stronger than last season

1 minute ago, alram said:

Because we look worse and the squad hasn’t been strengthened if you think otherwise then fair enough but I absolutely do not agree we are stronger than last season

How do you know the squad hasn't been strengthened after 1 league game? What evidence do you have to support that claim?

Just now, alram said:

Nothing is clear after a single game. In any season. Even if we won 5-0, I wouldn't declare us as ''clearly'' better than last year. 

Just now, Pottig said:

How do you know the squad hasn't been strengthened after 1 league game? What evidence do you have to support that claim?

If you guys want to bury your head in the sand that’s fine but nobody can tell me we are stronger this season, the evidence is based on quality of player and quality of performance 

9 hours ago, Chris_Martin said:

it's not 1 league game though is it, he's had about 50.

Apart from the initial 'bounce' when he first came in (which nearly all teams get with a new manager), we have just gradually got worse and worse. Even though he is adding more of 'his' players every window, we are still getting worse...

200.gif

Just now, alram said:

If you guys want to bury your head in the sand that’s fine but nobody can tell me we are stronger this season, the evidence is based on quality of player and quality of performance 

Of which you have 1 game in the league and 1 cup game to go on, compared to a full season last year. 

Care to tell me how Plymouth Argyle got on at the beginning of last season? Didn't they get knocked out of the cup and lose a game within the first 3 matches?

11 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Nobody is saying we shouldn't be aiming for promotion, or that we should just "sit back and accept failure."

The point is we're 1 league game into a season and people are literally saying that this is last chance saloon for the manager. If that isn't being an impatient ingrate then I don't know what is.

I have no problem with people criticising the manager or the players. They deserve it. But going overboard and saying there should be managerial change now is, frankly, moronic. 

Can you put a rough number on how many people have ACTUALLY called for him to be removed from his post please? 

5 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Of which you have 1 game in the league and 1 cup game to go on, compared to a full season last year. 

Care to tell me how Plymouth Argyle got on at the beginning of last season? Didn't they get knocked out of the cup and lose a game within the first 3 matches?

okay you win, it’s obvious you can’t judge everything from one game 

but I see the direction the club is going in and I don’t like what I see

mthere is a stench around the club at the minute and it hasn’t gone away all summer. It’s obvious on paper we have not got stronger

if you think otherwise then fair play to you but you are just ignore things you don’t want to see

Edited by alram

2 minutes ago, alram said:

okay you win, it’s obvious you can’t judge everything from one game 

but I see the direction the club is going in and I don’t like what I see

mthere is a stench around the club at the minute and it hasn’t gone away all summer. It’s obvious on paper we have not got stronger

if you think otherwise then fair play to you but you are just ignore things you don’t want to see

I'm not saying we are stronger, I'm just saying you need to give the season some time before conclusions like that are drawn.

Have some faith and let's see where we are in a month or two when we have a bigger picture.

8 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Can you put a rough number on how many people have ACTUALLY called for him to be removed from his post please? 

7 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Have you been reading the forum?

As I have asked this question with no reply, I see no one is answering to their strawman arguments.

If you make these statements, then you need to back them up or look foolish. Please quote 10 or more posters who want him sacked. If you can.  

5 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Have you been reading the forum?

Been a busy day and I haven't got time to read every page of every thread!

It was a genuine question, just wondering how many people you think actually actively want Warne out? 

I think there's a bit of a tendency to automatically assume those criticising him are in that camp, rather than it merely being the case that they're frustrated and worried that there are signs of him not learning from last season... in their opinion