Thought Provoking YouTube Videos. NO POLITICS

sage

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just by looking at the night sky, we can predict the distribution of (Grabby) aliens in the Universe and when we might meet them if we survive that long:

The Drake Equation does suggest that for any two planets to evolve species capable of interstellar travel at the same time is so infintessimally small. Here you are explaining that very point.

Watching Planet with Chris Packham (a much recommended watch btw) it's so humbling to think that on a planet that is 4.5bn years old, in a universe that is 13.8bn years old, we have only been able to reach our own moon in the past 50 and are probably 20-30 away from putting a human on even the nearest planet in our Solar System.

Edited by BaaLocks
Got more clever

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Folk were built different back then. 

Furthermore, I'm not sure the 'Health and Safety Dept' had been invented in the 70s 😛

This appeared in my twitter feed today. As someone terrified of heights, it was a difficult but fascinating watch. Amazing. £7k to climb that chimney every day and demolish it, one brick at a time!!

10 hours ago, maxjam said:

Folk were built different back then. 

Furthermore, I'm not sure the 'Health and Safety Dept' had been invented in the 70s 😛

I suppose figuring all the ways that job could go wrong could be considered thought provoking, though for me it's more like terror inducing.  At the 2.33 mark i had seen enough already.