Fantastic French Advert

maydrakin

The Beeb are so desperate with sports though, completely priced out of the market and with no option but to over promote minority sports. Women's football is, largely, still that and so they over index it beyond belief at every turn (yes, someone is going to tell me that thirteen times in history more than 60,000 people have watched a women's football match and excellent, all power to the elbow). But compared to many sports women's football is still not tier one. If it was Sky or BT would buy coverage.

And so it was somewhere bordering on obvious that they moved the news to BBC2 so we could have coverage of New Zealand playing Norway on BBC1. If had been the final, with England in it, then maybe but for a game between two teams - one of which hadn't won any of their previous 15 World Cup matches - was a bit much.

Not because it raises my ire at people watching women's football - I'm not the knuckle dragging troglodyte some may think in that respect. But because this is license payers content and they are honour bound to present content that best represents the needs of the majority. I can't stand Eastenders but I do recognise that for many it is the best thing on the box.

34 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

The Beeb are so desperate with sports though, completely priced out of the market and with no option but to over promote minority sports. Women's football is, largely, still that and so they over index it beyond belief at every turn (yes, someone is going to tell me that thirteen times in history more than 60,000 people have watched a women's football match and excellent, all power to the elbow). But compared to many sports women's football is still not tier one. If it was Sky or BT would buy coverage.

And so it was somewhere bordering on obvious that they moved the news to BBC2 so we could have coverage of New Zealand playing Norway on BBC1. If had been the final, with England in it, then maybe but for a game between two teams - one of which hadn't won any of their previous 15 World Cup matches - was a bit much.

Not because it raises my ire at people watching women's football - I'm not the knuckle dragging troglodyte some may think in that respect. But because this is license payers content and they are honour bound to present content that best represents the needs of the majority. I can't stand Eastenders but I do recognise that for many it is the best thing on the box.

I’d rather the BBC put this on or other home grown sport than give it to American Sports ( NFL) which should be on commercial channels