Fan IDs

De22Ram

I wasnt sure where to put this and im sure its been said a few times before but..........

Im a season ticket holder so have a fan ID, just got tickets to take my 3 kids to the fozzy testimonial! What an ordeal, buying online! Not sure if its the same if you go into the ticket office! Surely an adult with a fan id should be able to assign tickets for 3 kids under 12! Had to make 3 email address' just to get them a ticket as you can only have one email per fan id, if i understand it right! My kids are 10, 8 and 5! 

If we want to get young supporters into the game the club needs to make it easier surely! I get why for adults but kids under 12! Its hard enough getting them involved with there local club rather than the prem glory teams!

If anyone reads this from the club or from a supporter group who can raise the issue with the club, i think its worth a mention! 

1 hour ago, De22Ram said:

I wasnt sure where to put this and im sure its been said a few times before but..........

Im a season ticket holder so have a fan ID, just got tickets to take my 3 kids to the fozzy testimonial! What an ordeal, buying online! Not sure if its the same if you go into the ticket office! Surely an adult with a fan id should be able to assign tickets for 3 kids under 12! Had to make 3 email address' just to get them a ticket as you can only have one email per fan id, if i understand it right! My kids are 10, 8 and 5! 

If we want to get young supporters into the game the club needs to make it easier surely! I get why for adults but kids under 12! Its hard enough getting them involved with there local club rather than the prem glory teams!

If anyone reads this from the club or from a supporter group who can raise the issue with the club, i think its worth a mention! 

It’s actually discriminatory and could easily be proven in court - age discrimination and pertinently to the elderly who are less likely to use the internet or to have email addresses and while I am at it there are plenty who don’t have mobile phones either.

17 hours ago, De22Ram said:

Glad its not just me then! Was worried i had missed something! My eldestads been before on my mrs email but the other two, it was a right ball ache to get a fan ID!

You’re right.  Although the good bit is that your account/ID should show them all as linked names so you can easily assign tickets to them in the future.  

A question for you though…. Could you use the same email address for all your children?  If not then that’s really barmy!

2 hours ago, angieram said:

It's at this point @David usually pops in and explains how easy it is to solve this using the one Gmail account. 

I'm going to leave it to him as I always muck it up when I try to explain it! 

In terms of gmail, if it's just one extra email address needed, just use @googlemail.com instead of @gmail.com and you will still receive the emails.

More than 1?

Just add a full stop in the email address somewhere.

joe.bloggs@gmail.com

20 hours ago, De22Ram said:

This is exactly the sort of thing that should be flagged in those supporter charter group meetings. Anyone here go to those and and can take this forward?

2 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

This is exactly the sort of thing that should be flagged in those supporter charter group meetings. Anyone here go to those and and can take this forward?

I can try and add it to the list for the next one. Although I only attend infrequently,  I usually collate the questions from RamsTrust members.  

6 hours ago, David said:

In terms of gmail, if it's just one extra email address needed, just use @googlemail.com instead of @gmail.com and you will still receive the emails.

More than 1?

Just add a full stop in the email address somewhere.

joe.bloggs@gmail.com

You can also put:

Joe.bloggs+vera@gmail.com

Joe.bloggs+chuck@gmail.com and 

Joe.bloggs+dave@gmail.com etc.

and they will all come into your main inbox. That's what I did.

Once you've got them a fan ID, you can mark them as family/close friends. That then allows you to purchase multiple tickets in one go. I have my wife, 2 sons, bro in law and a friend and I can log in and purchase tickets for everybody in one go. If any of them fall into kids or wrinklies age ranges you can select the necessary ticket. 

Ball ache first time round but once you've done it and marked them as friends/relatives it's really easy to get tickets for them. Also easier to get seated together.

16 hours ago, MarsdenRam said:

You can also put:

Joe.bloggs+vera@gmail.com

Joe.bloggs+chuck@gmail.com and 

Joe.bloggs+dave@gmail.com etc.

and they will all come into your main inbox. That's what I did.

But it was worse than that. If I recall correctly, I had to actually create a account for each of them, complete with password, verify the email address, then go set up the family group.

It was way too complex and painful. 

I also had the problem that the last time I went to buy tickets I found my account didn't have date of birth set. They would not let me buy tickets without date of birth and would not let me edit it either! Go figure.

So I had to creat a new account for me too!

The whole process for me and the family took nearly 2 hours. It was ridiculous.