The Official DCFC Fans Brown Sauce Poll

Day

The Official DCFC Fans Brown Sauce Poll  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What I'm about to say may blow your brown sauce minds but my 7 year old nephew was over for tea a while back and we had pizza.

He asked for brown sauce. I said "you what? Are you kidding? Who has brown sauce on pizza??"

He insisted, so I got it for him

Obviously I felt obliged to try it.

Long story short. I now have brown sauce with pizza as standard. 

25 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

What I'm about to say may blow your brown sauce minds but my 7 year old nephew was over for tea a while back and we had pizza.

He asked for brown sauce. I said "you what? Are you kidding? Who has brown sauce on pizza??"

Brown sauce with pizza has been a normal combination for me for years

Especially cold pizza the next day

Please don't tell any Italians. They get very precious about this sort of thing

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Brown sauce, BBQ sauce, I see no reason why you can't put any type of sauce on a pizza. All said and done, a pizza is only a glorified open sandwich.

As for the brown sauce poll. Even though I think it's less spicy than it use to be,  that will be a vote for HP.

HP Sauce was originally called Gartons based on the person who made the sauce for the Houses of Parliament cafeteria after coming back from India (it has a lot of tamarind in it). It was called Snotrag for years, you'll work it out after a while.

Actually, I don't mind either - what I hate with a passion is 'other' variants, particualrly those from boutique garden centres or artisan food markets. Our local golf club uses one that tastes like pot pourri mixed with burnt gravy.

But, as this is an HP vote, I will take the same line as our glorious Prime Minister and I will abstain.