Pre season training

bucktwo

23 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Knight not there due to additional time off following international duty and NML currently at the gold cup. All other players there including Chester who continues his rehab.

Having Chessy back to continue his rehab is not only classy, it will also be great PR, showing that the club really does care about players, even when they have left the club.

I’m amazed that people are predicting great things from Collins. He isn’t a natural striker and so doesn’t take up good positions in the box. 
He takes up deep positions because he lacks the hunger or natural finishing skill to be a goal poacher.

If he could get himself in the mix more, like his goal against Portsmouth, he might have a chance, but too often he gets caught the wrong side of defenders and the ball gets cleared before it can reach him.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I’m amazed that people are predicting great things from Collins. He isn’t a natural striker and so doesn’t take up good positions in the box. 
He takes up deep positions because he lacks the hunger or natural finishing skill to be a goal poacher.

If he could get himself in the mix more, like his goal against Portsmouth, he might have a chance, but too often he gets caught the wrong side of defenders and the ball gets cleared before it can reach him.

Agreed.  There isn't an out and out goal scorer in the Team.  

I suspect there is the issue everyone knows we need a goalscorer but we do not yet have one.  So the most forward minded player has to become that hitman.  

Once a new striker is signed - which all hints suggest is on the way (whom, I do not care to guess) - attention will migrate to that individual.

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Agreed.  There isn't an out and out goal scorer in the Team.  

I suspect there is the issue everyone knows we need a goalscorer but we do not yet have one.  So the most forward minded player has to become that hitman.  

Once a new striker is signed - which all hints suggest is on the way (whom, I do not care to guess) - attention will migrate to that individual.

Getting a striker in who'll get 20+ would be great. I'd be perfectly happy with (provided they stay) Sibs, Knight, Barks, NML, Bird, Cash each scoring 5 more than they did last season. Much better than relying on 1 player to get 25...

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

He scored 26 for Luton in this League. I wonder how many he would've scored if he would've taken up good positions in the box.

20 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

He scored 26 for Luton in this League. I wonder how many he would've scored if he would've taken up good positions in the box.

He was also 27 when he did it. He’s now 32, and he’s not got more mobile with age. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

He was also 27 when he did it. He’s now 32, and he’s not got more mobile with age. 

McGoldrick got more goals last season than in any other season in his whole career. I'm not saying that Collins will be a 20+ goal scorer next season, but players do seem to get seasons where everything clicks and why can't it be him?

16 minutes ago, richinspain said:

McGoldrick got more goals last season than in any other season in his whole career. I'm not saying that Collins will be a 20+ goal scorer next season, but players do seem to get seasons where everything clicks and why can't it be him?

He has nowhere as much footballing talent nor nouce as Didzy, but yeah it might be him.

17 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

32 is not a problem in a modern game.

I’d argue it’s more of a problem than ever as pace/athleticism is more important than it used to be. 

But regardless of that, everyone is different. You can’t just assume that because a player did something 5 years ago that they can now. And frankly, he doesn’t look remotely capable. 

Edited by Srg