Knight Sibley Bird Bielik

simmoram1995

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how come

“In contrast, Wigan were given $19,163 (£16.429), which is understood to be for the presence of Wales striker Kiefer Moore and USA defender Antonee Robinson in the Latics' squad. Money is paid to the clubs where players were registered during the two-year period leading up to the finals.”

I assumed the Beeb got actual figures not fag packet calculations.

Those players were loaned out elsewhere/transferred. No worries, I'll not even bother trying to answer your query next time.

Edited by Carnero

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Those players were loaned out elsewhere/transferred. No worries, I'll not even bother trying to answer your query next time.

Thanks for not bothering I’d seen the fag packet calculations when the info came out prior to the WC. I asked for the actual figures and where they on the FIFA website which you didn’t bother to answer, no worries though ay.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/07/2023 at 19:21, londonbridgeram said:

I'm a bit disappointed. £2m for Knight? I'm sure he'll be disappointed too. Unless Bristol City are going to launch themselves, as they seem to have been talking about for some time.

After his 2 goals last night Knight could look a bit cheap at £1.75 m + adds. Will Pearson get the best out of him? On to Bird , if is head has been turned would we take the same amount for him ?

46 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

After his 2 goals last night Knight could look a bit cheap at £1.75 m + adds. Will Pearson get the best out of him? On to Bird , if is head has been turned would we take the same amount for him ?

Yeah sell them all, Warne should be able to get some players in?

50 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

He's already got more out of him than Warne managed.

58 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

...On to Bird , if is head has been turned would we take the same amount for him ?

An interesting free read here (about more than the snippet below):

"Warne's rebuild is only half-done...Perhaps then, his 'heads turned' comment to Ed Dawes was no gross tactical error committed in the heat of the moment. Perhaps he carefully chose the moment to plant the suggestion of disloyalty in the camp into supporters' minds, to "roll the pitch"  before certain popular players are sold to allow him to bring in the 'two or three' new signings he is desperate to make. The obvious assets to sell would be Max Bird, who is well known to be a Hull City target, plus Eiran Cashin..."

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Warne's rebuild is only half-done...Perhaps then, his 'heads turned' comment to Ed Dawes was no gross tactical error committed in the heat of the moment. Perhaps he carefully chose the moment to plant the suggestion of disloyalty in the camp into supporters' minds, to "roll the pitch"  before certain popular players are sold to allow him to bring in the 'two or three' new signings he is desperate to make. The obvious assets to sell would be Max Bird, who is well known to be a Hull City target, plus Eiran Cashin..."

That would reflect even worse on Warne than if it was a rash comment made in the heat of the moment IMO.

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne initially said "heads were turned".

He then backtracked and said perhaps other players are influences by key players potentially leaving.

Then he tried to cover his tracks by using Vickers as an example.

What's suggested here is even worse. This is suggesting he's trying to get the fans to turn on players, in particular players who gave everything they could when the club needed them most.

@duncanjwitham "That would reflect even worse on Warne than if it was a rash comment made in the heat of the moment IMO."

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Warne initially said "heads were turned".

He then backtracked and said perhaps other players are influences by key players potentially leaving.

Then he tried to cover his tracks by using Vickers as an example.

What's suggested here is even worse. This is suggesting he's trying to get the fans to turn on players, in particular players who gave everything they could when the club needed them most.

I agree with you both, but whoever the writer was has a point. And Warne isn't an idiot. Makes it easier to sell players that the fans don't want though.

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree with you both, but whoever the writer was has a point. And Warne isn't an idiot. Makes it easier to sell players that the fans don't want though.

It does seem completely out of character for Warne though.  His "good people" shtick would be completely undermined if it turned out he was basically siccing a hate-mob on a couple of relatively young academy graduates, just to get his own way in the transfer market.  The other players aren't idiots either, and I can't imagine it would go down well with them.

I still think that by far the most likely explanation is that he really can't understand why it's not working, so is clutching at straws.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

It does seem completely out of character for Warne though.  His "good people" shtick would be completely undermined if it turned out he was basically siccing a hate-mob on a couple of relatively young academy graduates, just to get his own way in the transfer market.  The other players aren't idiots either, and I can't imagine it would go down well with them.

I still think that by far the most likely explanation is that he really can't understand why it's not working, so is clutching at straws.

It wasn't something that had crossed my mind, but then I'm not evil and twisted like some! 😄

46 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

He's already got more out of him than Warne managed.

Or is Knight just playing with better players and now has the freedom to play without the pressure of being in front  of the uber-critical Derby fans who expected so much from 'one of our own'?