Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I’m guessing he’s going to play u21s so that Evans can go out on loan. Makes sense to get him more time in Men’s football after his loan last year to develop. 

15 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Spotted this a moment ago, Lewis Ridd, 18 year old gk formerly at Ipswich.

Looks like Lewis Ridd was in the Swansea City Academy before joining Ipswich Town as a scholar. Has had loans at Sudbury and Bury Town by the looks of it.

And has played for Wales U18 and U19.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lewis-ridd/profil/spieler/871339

Edited by Stuniverse

Evans out on a 28 day loan to Carlton Town FC, goes in as their No. 1 for pre-season with option to extend if they and him are happy at the end of it.

Good move for him as I don’t see much of a pathway between academy and first team this year as a divide is put in. I’d expect to see a few go out on loan this year for game time. 

Robinson and Rooney potentially only ones with first team IMO. 

Possibly for numbers in drills and small sided games? Oduroh not ready and IMO needs a loan as does Bardell. 

I would have thought so.  Need bodies to train it happens a lot. 

Edited by Guest
Didn’t want to share something publicly that may affect someone else.

I would question it as a 2+1 is a scholarship + pro deal and is the standard one given out to most lads joining as a first year scholar. Can only think he’s been released by Spurs. 

10 hours ago, ExiledinDerby said:

I would question it as a 2+1 is a scholarship + pro deal and is the standard one given out to most lads joining as a first year scholar. Can only think he’s been released by Spurs. 

Agreed. It’s rare for Derby County to give out three year scholarship deals. The last one I can remember was Henry Wise but, even then, he was given a third year after an injury plagued second year (so we must’ve seen something in him) rather than a three year deal up front.