Pre-Season Friendlies 2023/24

1 hour ago, archram said:

I thought it said the ex-players are attending. Am I being thick or does that mean they’re not playing?

Warne said in the interview I shared above that the quartet of “guest players” (Nugent, Waghorn, Bryson and Johnson?) had been agreed with Stoke and would be getting minutes towards the end of the game. He also joked if they do well he’d take them into a room after to get them signed up for the season. 

19 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne said in the interview I shared above that the quartet of “guest players” (Nugent, Waghorn, Bryson and Johnson?) had been agreed with Stoke and would be getting minutes towards the end of the game. He also joked if they do well he’d take them into a room after to get them signed up for the season. 

Bit of a risk to play without a contract elsewhere like Waghorn.  Not sure if he's joking about that one.  If he gets 30 mins you might find he's here Monday morning.

3 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Bit of a risk to play without a contract elsewhere like Waghorn.  Not sure if he's joking about that one.  If he gets 30 mins you might find he's here Monday morning.

I know he’s not everyone’s idea of a good signing but I wouldn’t be against us signing Waghorn, provided it was a relatively short term deal and not on silly wages. He’d do a job at this level, wouldn’t be prolific but could chip in with 10 or so goals and the occasional rocket into row z 

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not really true and a serious exaggeration 

Sorry for my flippant remarks not holding up in a court of law. Doesn’t change the fact that every interview done since Salford has mentioned for a good portion of each about Forsyth and this testimonial. Seems to me that ticket sales may have been really poor and they’ve really laid it on that it’s not just a friendly.