Summer Rumour Mill

sage

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Think this says more about our Foz than those that have been brought in.

Very much underappreciated.

I appreciate him very much but it’s bonkers that some big hitters have been brought in, in their natural position and neither look any better than a former left back who moved to the centre after about 17 ligament injuries in his knees… 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Warne is wasting him so we may as well sell. Or get a different manager?

Even if he didn't make the high Prem grade Brighton would easily make back their investment!

I get your point Roy, but even if we changed manager tomorrow do you think the club is in a position to reject interest from a premier league side? 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

I get your point Roy, but even if we changed manager tomorrow do you think the club is in a position to reject interest from a premier league side? 

If he's good enough then he'll get us up won't he? We have no idea how much they are actually bidding and how unsettling they mean it to be. Yet more cash rescuing from Prem clubs taking our young players that we should be grateful for? 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

If he's good enough then he'll get us up won't he? We have no idea how much they are actually bidding and how unsettling they mean it to be. Yet more cash rescuing from Prem clubs taking our young players that we should be grateful for? 

At no point did I say we should be grateful. But at some point you have to be realistic. If Brighton see something in Cashin it’s because of the player he is, regardless of our manager they want to sign him and as a league one club still recovering from administration I don’t see how we could stand up to the money Brighton have if it reaches a certain point. The club has allegedly rejected bids this far, but £3m for a player in the last year of his deal and loaned back for the season isn’t a bad deal for the club irrespective of Warne being the manager.

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

At no point did I say we should be grateful. But at some point you have to be realistic. If Brighton see something in Cashin it’s because of the player he is, regardless of our manager they want to sign him and as a league one club still recovering from administration I don’t see how we could stand up to the money Brighton have if it reaches a certain point. The club has allegedly rejected bids this far, but £3m for a player in the last year of his deal and loaned back for the season isn’t a bad deal for the club irrespective of Warne being the manager.

That is what we allegedly want - what do you think they are offering and how unsettled is Cash from that interest and being played at LCB? So if he's a good player why not keep him? Again it sounds like we'd get as much from compo as Brighton are offering? 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is what we allegedly want - what do you think they are offering and how unsettled is Cash from that interest and being played at LCB? So if he's a good player why not keep him? Again it sounds like we'd get as much from compo as Brighton are offering? 

Ok, yep you’re right. We should just tell them where to go. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Ok, yep you’re right. We should just tell them where to go. 

The only reason not to is they way Warne is wasting him. Why do we need more money, we've still got some budget for Warne to waste on more lead-legged cbs. Who is old enough to replace Cash do you think?

7 hours ago, Big Trav said:

It seems like the budget has been spent. 

If true that's utterly reckless. Anyone could see midfield and attack were priorities even before McGoldrick left. Completely one-eyed spending. Does Warne not see the midfield struggling game after game? Does he not see the complete lack of creativity and pace in forward areas? 

Genuinely no idea what he expected to happen if this was his grand plan.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

The only reason not to is they way Warne is wasting him. Why do we need more money, we've still got some budget for Warne to waste on more lead-legged cbs. Who is old enough to replace Cash do you think?

That’s not the only reason. That’s your reason and it seems you can’t see past your current frustration with Warne. Take Warne out of the equation for a moment. If Rosenior was the manager and we were playing a possession based brand of football in league one or the championship, and Cashin, still with 1 year left on his deal had interest from a club that finished in the top 6 of the premier league last year don’t you think he may want to explore that opportunity and the club may see it as sensible to sell the player with a loan back deal? 
We do need money, because the club is a business, and there’s no guarantee of what the compensation would be if he leaves on a free. This could guarantee a further £3m of income for the club and secure the player for another season. It’s not a nice situation to find ourselves in, but it’s the reality of where the club is currently. I can’t be alone in seeing that? 

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s not the only reason. That’s your reason and it seems you can’t see past your current frustration with Warne. Take Warne out of the equation for a moment. If Rosenior was the manager and we were playing a possession based brand of football in league one or the championship, and Cashin, still with 1 year left on his deal had interest from a club that finished in the top 6 of the premier league last year don’t you think he may want to explore that opportunity and the club may see it as sensible to sell the player with a loan back deal? 
We do need money, because the club is a business, and there’s no guarantee of what the compensation would be if he leaves on a free. This could guarantee a further £3m of income for the club and secure the player for another season. It’s not a nice situation to find ourselves in, but it’s the reality of where the club is currently. I can’t be alone in seeing that? 

The point about Warne wasn't to do with my dislike of his tactics but to do with how it seems that Cashin hasn't progressed under him. Or can't you see that? Pointless loaning him back when he isn't playing well under Warne! Selling young players on the cheap or get a manager that appreciated them and mean we used them to get promoted. Oh and increased their value and/or made them want to stay.

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

The point about Warne wasn't to do with my dislike of his tactics but to do with how it seems that Cashin hasn't progressed under him. Or can't you see that? Pointless loaning him back when he isn't playing well under Warne! Selling young players on the cheap or get a manager that appreciated them and mean we used them to get promoted. Oh and increased their value and/or made them want to stay.

You say your point isn’t about Warne then make a number of points about Warne. So no I can’t see what you mean.

My point, very simply, is due to the circumstances of the last few years (admin, points deductions, embargoes, relegation, Warne failing to get promotion last season) we as a league one club can only deny the advances of a top 6 (last season) premier league club for so long. I’m not interested in the blame for those circumstances just that that is where the club finds itself currently, and so if there is genuine interest, regardless of who our manager is, what our style of play may be, I don’t see that Derby County as a business or Eirin Cashin as a professional sportsman wouldn’t consider that potential sale. 

As the Brighton thing has popped back up I will mention what I heard about ten days ago.

Warne wanted both Bird and Cashin sold and at that point and was wanting £2 million for the pair to go fund another bout of spending but the club value them higher than that at this point of their contracts with Pearce wanting around £5 million for the pair. This apparently this has led to lot of friction behind the scenes. 
personally I think Pearce is right especially as it’s Brighton and Hull involved, with their level of experience in the championship and their age.

Based on what I see warne doing with money and his get anybody in who says yes philosophy I don’t trust his judgment or the type of team selection or method of play we have been witnessing. I don’t blame the two young lads involved but it seems they are being blamed based on various interviews aired recently?

we will soon only have third division standard players and I know that’s where we are currently but I for one want to see hope for the future and currently I have little optimism.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You say your point isn’t about Warne then make a number of points about Warne. So no I can’t see what you mean.

My point, very simply, is due to the circumstances of the last few years (admin, points deductions, embargoes, relegation, Warne failing to get promotion last season) we as a league one club can only deny the advances of a top 6 (last season) premier league club for so long. I’m not interested in the blame for those circumstances just that that is where the club finds itself currently, and so if there is genuine interest, regardless of who our manager is, what our style of play may be, I don’t see that Derby County as a business or Eirin Cashin as a professional sportsman wouldn’t consider that potential sale. 

How much do you think they are offering that we can't turn down btw? Because as sure as eggs is eggs it ain't £3m The fact that you can't see the point about the nameless current manager being responsible for a players lack of progression isn't surprising. 😄

I have nothing against selling Cashin for £3m but I think that isn't at all likely. Now he knows they are interested he'll just sit out his contract and sign for nowt is most likely. Unless we get promoted.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

As the Brighton thing has popped back up I will mention what I heard about ten days ago.

Warne wanted both Bird and Cashin sold and at that point and was wanting £2 million for the pair to go fund another bout of spending but the club value them higher than that at this point of their contracts with Pearce wanting around £5 million for the pair. This apparently this has led to lot of friction behind the scenes. 
personally I think Pearce is right especially as it’s Brighton and Hull involved, with their level of experience in the championship and their age.

Based on what I see warne doing with money and his get anybody in who says yes philosophy I don’t trust his judgment or the type of team selection or method of play we have been witnessing. I don’t blame the two young lads involved but it seems they are being blamed based on various interviews aired recently?

we will soon only have third division standard players and I know that’s where we are currently but I for one want to see hope for the future and currently I have little optimism.

Correction: third division standard players that are all 30 years+ and have no resale value whatsoever.

With that in mind, I don't see how we can maintain a competitive and well-balanced squad, whilst also being sustainable as DC wants us to be.

If we don't get out of League 1 this year, I suspect next summer will be even more awful. Half of the squad out of contract, no saleable assets to fund a rebuild, and a recruitment department that seems to do little to no scouting beyond Rotherham's Wikipedia page.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How much do you think they are offering that we can't turn down btw? Because as sure as eggs is eggs it ain't £3m The fact that you can't see the point about the nameless current manager being responsible for a players lack of progression isn't surprising. 😄

I have nothing against selling Cashin for £3m but I think that isn't at all likely. Now he knows they are interested he'll just sit out his contract and sign for nowt is most likely. Unless we get promoted.

At no point have I tried to talk about his progression, or Warne. Not every conversation on this forum has to turn into a binary perspective on whether you like Paul Warne or not. Nor does it have to involve some sort of dismissive thinly veiled dig. My opinion is just a valid as yours.
My point is simply that if Brighton are actually interested in one of our players, a club that finished in the top 6 of the premier league last season and have plenty of money then it is realistic to accept we might sell them one of our promising players, because they’re a top 6 premier league club and we’re a league one club recently out of admin.