Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

18 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

There was a mention of JCH being looked at by WBA and Leeds at a sum of £4 Million 

£4 million is insane for the last year.

I don't think we'd have a chance of getting him. For how much we could pay. Peterborough will probably feel he's worth more to them for a season than letting him go and strengthening a promotion rival at the same time

1 minute ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Back in the day I so wanted Dennis Wise for our midfield but he never came .Then,subsequently ,I wanted Ray Houghton but the silly man joined Liverpool! I really like Brannagan but he wouldn't come cheap and I don't want a hat trick of disappointments!!

My gut feeling is that we'll splash the cash on someone like Sam Nombe from Exeter.A quality signing at this level with the potential to play at a higher level if we go up .

Yeah I'd be happy with that.

Brannagan's release clause was £1.2 million when Blackpool met it before he subsequently signed a new deal.

So that could mean the release clause isn't there or it's even higher.

Not sure how long he's got left either.

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

£4 million is insane for the last year.

I don't think we'd have a chance of getting him. For how much we could pay. Peterborough will probably feel he's worth more to them for a season than letting him go and strengthening a promotion rival at the same time

West Brom also don't have a pot to piss in. They're the next us, Reading etc.

6 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah I'd be happy with that.

Brannagan's release clause was £1.2 million when Blackpool met it before he subsequently signed a new deal.

So that could mean the release clause isn't there or it's even higher.

Not sure how long he's got left either.

He signed a new 3 yr contract in July 2022 so 2 yrs left ,sadly.Would like to think we're testing the water,however.

7 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I don’t think we’ll spend over a million pounds this summer. Just from rumours I’ve heard it sounds like free/ super cheap players only 

Likely to see much movement now then for those remaining 4 spots or is it a case of picking up the cheap players later in the off season?

8 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I don’t think we’ll spend over a million pounds this summer. Just from rumours I’ve heard it sounds like free/ super cheap players only 

Just add common sense to the reasons beyond rumours you've heard.

We'll sign 3-4 players before the end of the window now (Warne said 4-5 pre Wilson), and if we spend even as much as £500k total I'll be astounded.

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

Likely to see much movement now then for those remaining 4 spots or is it a case of picking up the cheap players later in the off season?

I wondered if we might see a bit of a hiatus now until towards the end of the window.

14 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

I wondered if we might see a bit of a hiatus now until towards the end of the window.

Rumours have pretty much died at the moment. There’s nothing that seems likely to be real at the moment. I definitely don’t expect anything until they’re back from Spain now. 

40 minutes ago, Srg said:

Rumours have pretty much died at the moment. There’s nothing that seems likely to be real at the moment. I definitely don’t expect anything until they’re back from Spain now. 

Agreed. Stayed up late for nowt last night 😩😁

36 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Reckon we are sorted now , of course a new striker & a creative midfielder would be a nice to have before the window closes. 

Tend to agree @Magicman, did a quick tally of the squad earlier and it looks like this currently…unless I missed someone;

GK - Wildsmith

GK - Vickers

GK - Loach

WB- Elder

WB - Ward

WB - Wilson

CB - Forsyth

CB - Nelson

CB - Cashin

CB - Bradley

CB - Rooney

CM - Smith

CM - Thompson

CM - Hourihane

CM - Bird

CAM - Sibley

WF - Mendez-Laing

WF - Barkhuizen

CF - Collins

CF - Washington

U21s in and around the squad;

Bardell (RB/CB?), Brown (CF), Radcliffe (CM), Robinson (CM)

Including the goalkeepers that’s 20 first team squad members plus a handful that are playing their part in the training camp from the U21s.

It’s more balanced than the squad last year, round pegs in round holes for the most part though we may see NML and Barkhuizen used behind a central forward or out wide depending on how Warne sets us up. There’s cover for most positions on the pitch other than up front and a couple of viable options in the academy to come in from time to time.

If we added another striker and another midfielder we’d possibly be set and at the 22 man squad Warne suggested he’d work with. Ideally we’d add 3 or 4 rather than 2, maybe a cb for example, but with a couple more academy additions to step in during the pizza cup we could be good….unless there are more outgoings of course!!

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

55 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

We might see some activity but it’ll be 1 or 2, lots of the players were apparently ‘in fkr’ are waiting championship moves 

Warne said himself 4 or 5 after the Matlock game with only 1 in and 1 out, 3 attacking players & a Knight replacement all mentioned by Warne

3 hours ago, Big Trav said:

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Just add common sense to the reasons beyond rumours you've heard.

We'll sign 3-4 players before the end of the window now (Warne said 4-5 pre Wilson), and if we spend even as much as £500k total I'll be astounded.

Quite confused by some of Clowes’ comments in his interview with Ed Dawes if this is the case 🤔