Fine margins

Rambam

I was already resigned to the Rams missing out after the drop in form. There is still hope of course. Onwards! 
However so much seems to rest on dubious referee’s decisions. 
Saturday we got the equaliser we deserved. Then Collins was through on goal, one on one with the keeper. Yes it may have been saved. Offside, according to the linesman. 
Really? 
We might already be in the play offs. 

1C592005-4FE3-429B-A8B5-1E860222C676.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Rambam said:

I was already resigned to the Rams missing out after the drop in form. There is still hope of course. Onwards! 
Saturday we got the equaliser we deserved. Then Collins was through on goal, one on one with the keeper. Yes it may have been saved. Offside, according to the linesman. 
Really? 

You haven't seen the goal they scored yet then?

48 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Really? 

That could be a very deceptive photo. The offside is when the ball is actually played forwards. With Collins' turn of pace the defender has probably given him a 10 yards start!

44 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Really? 

That ball appears to be mid-flight, presumably on it's way towards Collins?  There is no hint as to where the ball has come from, who it came from, and most importantly, "When the ball was played".

With respect, this is not the greatest piece of evidence that has ever been produced .

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The definition of the word would suggest it was a dubious decision.

Depends which definition 

Doubtful....maybe

Suspect...no

I do love a pedantic Bank Holiday 😀

The most alarming thing about the Pompey goal was that the player that laid it on , received the ball 25yards out and there was not a Rams player within 10 yards of him . Bird and Hourihane have got to do better than that v Wendies. They have been banging goals in from 25 yards all season. Can’t let them do that against us.

1 hour ago, jimtastic56 said:

The most alarming thing about the Pompey goal was that the player that laid it on , received the ball 25yards out and there was not a Rams player within 10 yards of him . Bird and Hourihane have got to do better than that v Wendies. They have been banging goals in from 25 yards all season. Can’t let them do that against us.

I agree, it was a poor goal to concede. Both the player that laid it off and the one who headed it in had the freedom of the park and all the time they needed.

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The definition of the word would suggest it was a dubious decision.

Perhaps people don't understand what dubious means? Certainly the case that we didn't get the rub of the green from those 2 decisions.

Again, fine margins. Never a pen and certainly not a red. 
The irony is in the Prem they just took three minutes turning down a penalty decision at Newcastle v Arsenal, which could impact the title. 
I just knew a referee would decide our fate. Don’t give me that ‘we let points slip’. Peterborough LOST 17 matches. They’re not better than us.