Best Club badge - ever?

TringRam

16 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Very few 1970s logos have stood the test of time.

Only really us and the rail logo come to mind.

And one of those is a byword for financial mismanagement, profligacy, overpaid staff, outrageous prices for very poor fare......

......the other runs trains....🤣

I could see that punchline coming all the way along! Brilliant!

On 25/04/2023 at 10:15, MadAmster said:

Did you know that the Ram in the logo consists of 11 lines? One for each player in a side.

On 26/04/2023 at 12:36, MadAmster said:

It has gone through changes over the years but the original designer said 11, for the reason I stated earlier.

I can't confirm that specifically, but back in the day, I used to be able to draw it off-pat/without copying.  (Not anymore).

That all makes sense to me, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  There's a good few continuous lines, that aren't immediately obvious.

I like the reasoning behind the eleven... Not heard that before.

One of the reasons it is so effective is that, in my lifetime, we've kept our one and only nickname.

I'm sure if Ian Hall (ex player and RD summariser for those under 55) was looking at that wall, he'd think many of them were relevant.

He used to love referring to teams by their ancient, long-gone nicknames.........I remember 'The Throstles' (WBA) being a favourite of his.

On 24/04/2023 at 17:35, TringRam said:

I was part of the set up for the EFL awards yesterday and it really struck me just how wonderful our Club badge is. We are the Rams, it's a Ram. It couldn't be any more recognisable ...Just look at it compared to the rest of the EFL. Love it!

IMG_2304 (1).jpeg

Isn't this technically an unofficial badge because the outline of the ram should be in black not white? Or are we also the only club with interchangeable badge colours? 

I have noticed on some websites etc. they stick a random white square behind our badge if they have a dark background.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can't confirm that specifically, but back in the day, I used to be able to draw it off-pat/without copying.  (Not anymore).

I used to be able to do that too.  Not so long ago my mum and dad had a huge clear out in their loft and gave me back all of the school exercise books that I had kept.  Many of which were adorned with a Ram carefully drawn in the corner.  I have never been terribly artistic, but I obviously spent the time learning how to draw it (probably during History - which I hated)

On 25/04/2023 at 08:00, TigerTedd said:

Us, Sheffield Wednesday, Bournemouth I think, and I hate to say it, but forest is okay. I like the simple line based emblems, as allowed to the complicated coat of arms style ones.

And they make a great tattoo.

Ours is by far the best though. 

I genuinely think Forest's is awful. It looks like a very camp Christmas tree.