Car Parking on matchdays

Stuniverse

Apologies if this has been asked before, but where are the best places to park on matchdays for games at Pride Park Stadium?

I’m asking for a friend who has tickets for the Burton Albion game.

I have a season ticket in Car Park A and find myself unable to advise him as I’ve never needed to pay attention to alternative parking.

Many thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

If he likes a stroll along the river, the GrandRiver Suite on Meadow Road is perfect for a fiver. Loads of space and you sometimes get the colourful spectacle of an Asian wedding thrown in for free. 

Or Darwin Place a bit further along. £3-£4 for the duration and good access back onto A52/M1/A38

Plenty of car parks closer to the ground on the industrial estates but you really need to leave 5-10 mins before the end of the match or wait half hour afterwards as the roads are chocker with fans and cars. 

I usually park on the estate next to the Audi garage. £5 and right next to the ground. Bit of a pain to get out sometimes as they direct all traffic over the bridge towards Ascot drive but that's my preference. 

Or.. if you fancy a pint before/after then park at Derbion and catch the Neptune shuttle bus to the game, only £2/3 for a return. Parking fee was about £5 last time I did that and you miss all the traffic on the way out because it's straight on to the A52.

Parking.JPG

I use the 'myparkingspace' website to pre-book a spot either at the Premier Inn, Derby East on - I think it's called - Wyvern Industrial Estate, or at Wickes on London Road. The latter having the not inconsiderable benefit of a fantastic chippy on the way back through towards home. 

Both cost around £5.50 including the booking charge. 

22 hours ago, Stuniverse said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but where are the best places to park on matchdays for games at Pride Park Stadium?

I’m asking for a friend who has tickets for the Burton Albion game.

I have a season ticket in Car Park A and find myself unable to advise him as I’ve never needed to pay attention to alternative parking.

Many thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

They can book in same car park but it costs a tenner.

On 20/04/2023 at 22:55, Rampant said:

I use the 'myparkingspace' website to pre-book a spot either at the Premier Inn, Derby East on - I think it's called - Wyvern Industrial Estate, or at Wickes on London Road. The latter having the not inconsiderable benefit of a fantastic chippy on the way back through towards home. 

Both cost around £5.50 including the booking charge. 

Premier Inn stopped match day parking a few months ago (think the Bolton game was the last one)

1 hour ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

Premier Inn stopped match day parking a few months ago (think the Bolton game was the last one)

Yeah, they didn’t limit the numbers on the parking app, so too many cars booked spaces and ended up parking on verges and the grass. 

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

Yeah, they didn’t limit the numbers on the parking app, so too many cars booked spaces and ended up parking on verges and the grass. 

Ah is that why?  I’d assumed there’d been some bother (there was some aggro near Costco after the Bolton game if I recall) - seems odd that they can’t or won’t set a limit as it’s an easy earner for them you’d think 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

Ah is that why?  I’d assumed there’d been some bother (there was some aggro near Costco after the Bolton game if I recall) - seems odd that they can’t or won’t set a limit as it’s an easy earner for them you’d think 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, plus the fact that many nip inside for a drink pre or post match too. 

Wickes it is then in future.