The Mobile Phone

i-Ram

First proper mobile phone I had was an iPhone 4, before that I was using those old Android Samsung/HTC things.

Still see people rocking the Samsung Android phones now which is kinda cute, then again retro is all in now I guess.

Before that the bomb proof Nokia, all day battery life despite playing snake for hours.

Mobiles are great. I can now ban people whilst sat in the pub. 

It's weird isn't it. When I was 20 ish, nobody had a mobile and me & my mates would think nothing of driving round the Peak District lanes (where I grew up) on frosty & foggy nights with no means of contacting anyone. Now, if I forget my phone when nipping to the shop, I feel so vulnerable and isolated.

First phone was a Nokia Brick and had a couple more of them as work phones. I remember really liking my first internet enabled one - an O2 XDA that had TomTom satnav on it. Then work discovered iPhones (3GS was my first) and other than a couple of experiments in the last 10 years with a Blackberry and a Samsung (when I thought I was going to change jobs), I've stuck with Apple.

I was already married when I got my first mobile phone, but I have often wondered how different my love life would have been if I had had a mobile phone when I was single. Not being easily contactable could be an advantage but  sometimes maybe not so much.    

My first ‘mobile’ ‘phone was a built-in Nokia car phone in 1989. I though I was the dogs bollox. 🤭

First portable one was probably about 1994. It was an analogue one, but I’ve forgot the make/model.

I managed to stick with ‘brick’ phones until 2019 when it became almost impossible to function without a smartphone. My life has been in tatters since, I hate the barstards and much prefer using a laptop.

First was black nokia with a small fixed 'stub' antenna Still have it somewhere but the model escapes me. Had a couple more but it took me a while to get a smart phone. Everyone thought I was a bit of a luddite but I said, 'well I can have net and email at my desk here and home. Why would I want it on the move? Just need calls and text.' Like most tech, you never think it's needed until getting one.

• 4 weeks later...

Whats the best mobile network to use inside the stadium. Currently on sky(O2) which is useless (am using iphone 11).

Thinking of switching , but not sure which one to choose?

Thanks.

Edited by jrh2254
spelling

37 minutes ago, jrh2254 said:

Whats the best mobile network to use inside the stadium. Currently on sky(O2) which is useless (am using iphone 11).

Thinking of switching , but not sure which one to choose?

Thanks.

I get zero internet in the stadium and surrounding are on o2