16 points?

StantonRam

Will 16 points from the remaining games and a grand total of 80 be enough to secure 6th place?

If so, given our present form, where will those points come from?

April's fixture list is strewn with potential banana skins BUT...

Wins against FGR, MKD, the Gas, Exeter & Brewers would put us on 79 points even if we lost to Ipswich & Pompey.  That would leave us needing just 1 point against the (probable) league champions Sheff Wed.

If we do need 80 points then draws are now not an option, 8 points from 8 games won't be enough, so it's time to throw caution to the wind and go all out attack in every game, nothing to lose!

Do we still dare to dream?

COYR!

Talking of banana skins, Burton play in one, we’ve only beat them once in the last 5 times we’ve played them.

I can’t share the belief we would come away from that game with the 3 points, it’s a killer when half their fanbase is Derby fans and we effectively fund them in ticket sales.

Time to boycott the banana boys.

Time of year where the worst games are vs top or bottom sections, I mean Wednesday would have gone back to the top today but lost to the bottom side. Lots of unexpected results still to come I think. Ipswich with that GD will still fancy Top 2 for sure.

Screenshot_20230326_135944_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Yani P

I've looked at Peterboro remaining fixtures and think they will get 14 points, so maybe the bigger threat will come from Wycombe who might pick up more points, looking at their fixtures they could get 16 -18 points. So it does look like me may need to finish on 80 points. But we must not forget Bolton could be caught by the chasing teams in 7th & 8th place. Mind you, looking at their remaining fixtures they could also get around 16 - 18 points. Lets hope our goal difference stays better than Peterboro's and Wycombe's in the remaining 8 games.

17 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I've looked at Peterboro remaining fixtures and think they will get 14 points, so maybe the bigger threat will come from Wycombe who might pick up more points, looking at their fixtures they could get 16 -18 points. So it does look like me may need to finish on 80 points. But we must not forget Bolton could be caught by the chasing teams in 7th & 8th place. Mind you, looking at their remaining fixtures they could also get around 16 - 18 points. Lets hope our goal difference stays better than Peterboro's and Wycombe's in the remaining 8 games.

Today’s win for FGR, Peterborough’s loss at home to Cheltenham and ours against Fleetwood shows how hard it is to predict what is going to happen. Add to that the fact that we play Sheffield Wednesday and Peterborough play at Barnsley on the last day, one or both  of whom may have already determined their fate by then or might still have big stakes to play for, just adds to the uncertainty.

Probably the thing we can be most certain of though is that our biggest threat is likely to be our own lack of form.

19 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Today’s win for FGR, Peterborough’s loss at home to Cheltenham and ours against Fleetwood shows how hard it is to predict what is going to happen. Add to that the fact that we play Sheffield Wednesday and Peterborough play at Barnsley on the last day, one or both  of whom may have already determined their fate by then or might still have big stakes to play for, just adds to the uncertainty.

Probably the thing we can be most certain of though is that our biggest threat is likely to be our own lack of form.

All teams have dips in their form throughout a 46 match season, let's hope ours picks up going into the last 5 or 6 games prior to playing in the play-offs. It's also the business end of the season where teams at the bottom half of the table start putting in more effort in trying to avoid the drop. I personally think Sheff Weds will be promoted prior to us playing them, let's hope they are already champions and they have nothing to play for. With Peterboro playing Barnsley last game, I think Peterboro will be mathematically out of contention for a play-off place by then. I would be more worried about Wycombe if the Rams continue to stutter in the next 8 games.

We’ve won 18 games with a thread bare squad and massive limitations. DCFC incredible and huge big up to PW and staff. I implore all the doubters to realise how well we’ve done. Of course the position we’ve been in a while it would be disappointing to not make POs. Me included for sure. I believe we’ll get there this season which genuinely is crazy…. Please think about it… the restrictions on this club are ridiculous but this is where we are. I’m so proud to be a Ram. #alcoholinducedrant