FA Cup 22/23

Day

Bit late for this topic really, just boggles my tiny brain that here we are in the Quarter Finals and Grimsby bloody Town are still in it. 

Man City 6-0 Burnley

HT Sheffield United 1-1 Blackburn

Brighton v Grimsby 2.15pm

Man Utd v Fulham 4.30pm

Fell asleep at half time of the Grimsby game, woke up an hour into the Man Utd game to witness absolute stupidity.

Willian was never going to get away with that handball.

What on earth did Silva see to go nuts whilst VAR check was taking place.

Then for the hat trick, after the ref had clearly seen the handball on the monitor pushes the ref, I mean come on.

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

But you touch the ref in an aggressive way you know you’re going to get a red card. 
his aggression isn’t channelled in the right way 

Yeah he got what he deserved. Just I wonder if that was Man United would that red card have been waved about so freely? 

I agree. He's a thug. But I quite like a thug striker. I liked Andy Carroll. As defenders have become more equipped for agile strikers I think it's funny when they all get bowled over by a big wrecking ball. 

Thinking back, I loved Kuqi when we had him on loan. I loved Howard. 

Don't even like hoofball but I think it's such a good option to be able to mix it up and have someone like those type that are going to give you a hold in the game 

Shame they're rare. And Mitrovic is obviously decent player too

FA have brought this on themselves by not banning Fernandes when he pushed the assistant ref - they’ve effectively removed the invisible barrier that meant the officials should never be touched and as such made players like Mitrovic think they can get away with thuggish behaviour….. if they don’t give him a lengthy ban it’s only a matter of time before a ref gets punched….

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think I read that Blackburn are the only side yet to play at the new Wembley.

I’m not sure if they meant in the top two leagues or throughout the entire EFL.

I read somewhere that Ipswich hadn't played there either, but not sure if thats still the case

What would be the sanction if Jimmy Anderson pushed an umpire and then made him back peddle under a torrent of abuse for failing to give an LBW ? 9 months ? 
Football is the only sport where abuse of the officials is the norm, both from players and officials and pundits. Very poor example to kids watching the game and encourages copycat behaviour at grass roots level. 

8 hours ago, David said:

Bit late for this topic really, just boggles my tiny brain that here we are in the Quarter Finals and Grimsby bloody Town are still in it. 

Man City 6-0 Burnley

HT Sheffield United 1-1 Blackburn

Brighton v Grimsby 2.15pm

Man Utd v Fulham 4.30pm

Grimsby bloody Town have got bloody superb away support !