Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

6 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Good luck with that when they won’t even come out if your house has been burgled.

Going off on a bit of a rant here, but how come there’s loads of coppers about on match day, but not when you really need one? Is it because the club has to pay the cost? If so, it’s getting like the NHS!

Yes you are right. Living in Cambs didnt realise the county had that many police!

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

This entirely. I had my car broken into while parked on the drive one night. Scum went through my lads backpack that he had left on the backseat, just school books, lunchbox and pencil case inside. Caught it all on the security cameras, faces clear as anything and they left a hammer in the footwell. Reported and passed onto police, they pretty much said as nothing was stolen, they weren't interested as they had no suspects. Over two years later now and I've given up waiting. Nobody came to see me, they didn't want the found hammer or any security footage. Waste of time.

Same here. I caught some oik on my CCTV just before he cut through a security light cable and tripped the power. Luckily no other damage, but when I reported it to the police like you they weren’t interested.

I suggested to the sergeant on the phone that ‘I bet you’d be interested if one of your officers had been assaulted within a mile of my house last night’? She got rather shirty after that for some reason! 🤔

56 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Try finding a Police Station, let alone one that opens outside 9-5. Needed to take driving licence etc in to them...where the f*** are they nowadays?! 

Correct Roy, unfortunately their time is taken up by people suffering from mental problems, and acting social workers trying to sort out the “ problem families “. A relative of ours ( female social worker) when visiting a certain area in a local city, cannot go without police being in involved.

16 hours ago, Jortat said:

I have to say the policing of the match was awful. Overly aggressive, constantly hassling people having a drink and imo they goaded many younger lads into stepping out of line then nicking them .

There were a few arrests near the end of the match . I’m not sure what happened but the police waded in heavy handed and smiling while the nicked the supporters.

Even after the match there were 8 police cars and two meat wagons in 1 road leading to the Queen’s gate shopping precinct. There were also plain clothed coppers all with hand held cameras filming everyone ( which also went on in the match . I guess the CVTV cameras weren’t up to it)

The coppers we’re chasing a lad around the market square and 3 of them had him on the ground and the police football officer who had been hassling supporters in the Charters pub earlier then gave the lad 4 swift right hands into his ribs in full view of people walking by.

When a bloke shouted “leave him alone he’s cuffed up” the PFO told him to pi$$ off .

The last bit of goading was on the train station. The police were in everyone’s face being aggressive , then stepped back and an argument started with 2 groups of lads and just as the train pulled in they nicked a few of them 

Sorry for the rant but this was the worst policing I have seen since the 80s and I wouldn’t rush to go back again .

yes mate the policing left a lot to be desired , on par with South Yorks police

On 26/03/2023 at 16:22, Leeds Ram said:

Just so utterly predictable tbh. Thought even though we were camped in their half in the first half we really struggled to make any breakthroughs going forward. They look uncoached and unpracticed in a style of play beyond 'press hard and high'. Our middle second half looked powder puff- there were a couple of instances in the first half when they broke through and looked dangerous. They capitalised on that in the second half as we tired slightly. 

Defensively we made errors that were rightly punished and there seemed to be little chance of us changing the game once we went behind. Our record against the top half is so poor questions have to be asked at this point. The coaching looks non-existent, our transitions are so poor and we appear to have little to no pattern of play. Teams have rightfully worked out if they sit in, use their pace and have a structure they can beat us. Honestly don't expect the playoffs now. 

I tend to agree with all of your points. A lot of emphasis in finishing in the top six, but it appears that unless there's a dramatic change in performances, we wouldn't have much hope against any of the other teams in the play off positions.