Is this seasons team better than last seasons ?

Robram

35 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Interesting question. 

Abilitywise probably not, however our current team is the type of team that last season team always struggled against. So I wouldn't rule it out. 

My thoughts exactly, like for like over a season last year's team was a better team, but on any given day I'd fancy this year's team to beat last year's team.

1 hour ago, Robram said:

Last seasons team which would have stayed up without the points deduction  , versus the team thrown together quickly this season that are challenging for promotion . Are Lawrence , Allsopp , Ebosele and Co. better that Didzy , Mendez Laing  and Wildsmith etc..

Better at what?

Lawrence is probably better at a game of GTA in real life than this year's intake, Ebsole better at arranging clandestine trips to Amsterdam for "holiday" purposes and so on. 

Looking back to last season, did it start to go pear shaped after Jagielka left? When we lost to Millwall at home, think it was late February, I feared the worst. Up until the point I always believed we would do it. 

If we had McGoldrick last season in his form for this season, might have been a different outcome. I don't remember CKR, Sam Baldock or young Luke Plange scoring consistently.

Great question OP. 

5 hours ago, Robram said:

Last seasons team which would have stayed up without the points deduction  , versus the team thrown together quickly this season that are challenging for promotion . Are Lawrence , Allsopp , Ebosele and Co. better that Didzy , Mendez Laing  and Wildsmith etc..

I'm not bothered

Is this seasons's  team better than the 94 team ?? lol lol

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If they'd let us retain Jagielka.

Lawrence hadn't spat his dummy out against Peterborough.

Reading weren't signing 3 players under embargo.

We'd have stayed up.

Amongst other things - and soon Reading will have their 6 points suspended activated which should have been last season to add to the pile 

7 hours ago, Robram said:

We didn't have a strong enough squad last year and we fell away. But the best players - Ebiowei, Ebosele, Byrne, Lawrence, very occasionally Morrison - were much better than we have now.

That's football, the best players get noticed and moved on. There's a reason no one has offered us £10m for Knight, even if we don't want to see it. 

last seasons was better. I think the quality between the two divisions is pretty big 

look at how we are struggling against the better sides in this league, these are the ones that are closer to the championship 

13 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Combined 18 man squad?

Wildsmith
Byrne   Davies (21/22)   Cashin   Buchanan
Bielik   Bird
Mendez-Laing   Knight   Lawrence
McGoldrick

Subs: Allsop, Jagielka, Forsyth, Ravel, Festy, Ebiowei, Kazim

Allsop

Byrne  Davies Jagielka. Forsyth 

Bielik.  Bird 

Mendiz.        Knight.     Lawrence