Marketing Opportunities/Commercial Revenue

rammieib

I think this was discussed a lot during the administration days, but I think a lot of things in or around the stadium are currently leased out on contracts to outside firms.

Whether that’s good or bad I’m not really sure, as a fan you like to think any money you spend goes directly into the club and personally I’d want the stadium to have a more community feel (use local firms for catering, beer etc) but guaranteed money is guaranteed money.

2 hours ago, ExiledinDerby said:

This is the academy seating. All the scholars and staff use this area to attend games. The u21s sit behind the away dug out. Maybe this would change if they re open the bar as a corporate venture but I guess that would depend on demand…? 

Think it’s being used as a filler for them more than anything else. Plenty of other room for them behind the dug outs - they don’t need three seats each.

I just hope we exploit the commercial opportunities better as the season goes on.

U21s behind dug outs u18s and staff in corner and u16s and below plus families have seats in a full 2 blocks of Toyota upper… would make sense to seat all together but I guess the club feel there is not enough demand for another corporate bar? Guess that’s up to the fans or corporate customers to prove otherwise? That’s my only thought really it makes sense to utilise it for more income of its there but is it actually a real demand for it? 

Last season when we had the sell out against Birmingham the seats in the Gordon Guthrie lower went on sale after all the other seat were sold. There is also the block West upper H which is held back normally which I presume is the block you were referring to. I noticed on Monday that even though we only had a few hundred tickets left for sale this block was nearly empty. This goes some way towards explaining why the attendance can be a good way short of capacity when we have sold most of the tickets.                                 

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Weren't they run as a kind of JV between the club and an outside company whose name escapes me? That agreement was possibly a casualty of Administration and the club don't yet have the wherewithal to run it to its full potential? 

I think you are right but it's time to get it going again. 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

Weren't they run as a kind of JV between the club and an outside company whose name escapes me? That agreement was possibly a casualty of Administration and the club don't yet have the wherewithal to run it to its full potential? 

Backyard was run by 200°, was never reopened after covid.

It has now been reappointed as Harrison's Hub, run by Derby County Community Trust. Gives them a much-needed presence back at the ground.

They run some of their groups in there now.

I asked if they had any plans to serve coffee again and they said not really, other than an urn and  honesty box maybe. They aren't caterers! 

On 04/01/2023 at 00:18, CBX1985 said:

It' not effective, though.  Shirt advertising is grandiose. Unless you are advertising at DCFC fans, you basically put budget into a longish term commitment that is fleetingly seen (and when it is it is by the same people each time.  Pitchside is more effective and flexible - it also doesn't tie you to one club to detriment of other.  

There is the Old Firm issue that if Carling sponsor one they need to sponsor both, otherwise one side think it's "the other side's beer" and don't buy it. 

I have always thought football clubs should get a Credit Card franchise and advertise those on club shirts; we would have the "Rams-Card".  That way, you get the right market with a profitable product that doesn't lose clients' the other side of the A52 (as they'd have the  Forest Card).    Vertical integration is the way to maximise revenue.

"Treecards for Treetards"

Quite catchy, that!  ?

Should have a kids soft play built into North (family) stand to bring in some extra cash.

Always full at Chesterfield ground and think there's a serious lack of options for kids, this would bring people to the club throughout the week not just matchdays...

Also said for years, this club needs a museum of some sort.