Injuries

Jubbs

Some of the posts on this thread exemplify the 'wall of denial' I mentioned before.

I don't believe anyone thinks the Warne's methods are solely the reason for the injuries, and maybe not even the main one, just a contributing factor, but their concerns are met with an outright - and I know I'm using the same meme twice in quick succession -

Im Not No Way GIF

Edited by Kokosnuss

10 hours ago, Curtains said:

I think that’s ridiculous.  If you play like Warne does you will get injuries .  Knight is also out for a long time.  Bird was struggling against Exeter and looks Warne out .

He won’t play Odura who is very fit or Rooney who has also been injured.

Rooney been injuried before wyan got here so you can not blame him for it.

On 27/10/2022 at 13:05, duncanjwitham said:

Warne is the one that immediately started talking about training intensity, he's obviously getting pressure from somewhere about it.  Clearly injuries are going to happen, but surely it's the managers job to try and minimise that risk?  And the fact that the 2 players with strains are the 2 players he's just accused of feigning injuries must raise some alarm bells...

He hasn’t accused Barks or Chester of feigning injury.  And, as has been mentioned, Curtis and Knight both picked up knocks in matches.

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Will we bring in short-term cover with a free agent to see us through till January? If we'd been thinking it, the Torquay and Liverpool games would have been ideal to get them more up to speed. Perhaps a surprise debut tomorrow?

I don't think so, wouldn't they have to be signed by now?

1 minute ago, ram59 said:

I don't think so, wouldn't they have to be signed by now?

Yes but I think Warne is cannier than our recent managers so I wonder if there's just a chance we did sign someone, but didn't announce it, to wrongfoot the opposition. Unlikely but not impossible. Presuming not, then still time to bring someone in against Liverpool.

Physical league, lots of games, age profile, and small squad... 

There has to be a balanced between training the players to improve strength and stamina to sustain efforts in these conditions and making sure that they are sufficiently rested to cope with the demands of the league and cups.

I don't think our injury list is likely to be much different to many others, we feel it more actually because we've got such a limited squad.