Unlucky derby

B4ev6is

36 minutes ago, Boycie said:

James Collins goal looked offside, I’m glad the refs are poor.

If you replay it frame by frame then I think it does show he was offside. Certainly more clear cut than either of Plymouth’s first two goals but hey, that goes against the narrative that the EFL (somehow via the officials) have it in for us and that they cost us the game. 

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If you replay it frame by frame then I think it does show he was offside. Certainly more clear cut than either of Plymouth’s first two goals but hey, that goes against the narrative that the EFL (somehow via the officials) have it in for us and that they cost us the game. 

No james collins was miles inside on mate

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

No Collins goal was clearly onside the defender was well ahead of him when McGoldrick plays the ball. Plymouth second goal was marginally offside but very difficult for ref to say either way without VAR. I haven't seen any suggestion that Plymouth first goal was offside although Derby defenders did appeal for it at the time.  

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

No Collins goal was clearly onside the defender was well ahead of him when McGoldrick plays the ball. Plymouth second goal was marginally offside but very difficult for ref to say either way without VAR. I haven't seen any suggestion that Plymouth first goal was offside although Derby defenders did appeal for it at the time.  

Having reviewed again, it does look like Collins was just about onside. The defender certainly wasn't well ahead of him.

Their second goal was very very tight but looks like the player MAY have been just behind the ball.

Either way, as you say, very difficult for the officials (for all of the first three goals)so we shouldn't be considering ourselves unlucky, criticising the officials or suggest any bias.

image.thumb.png.c534786160cb4371635ec6a4b8fb5fcc.png

image.thumb.png.9e5ea9ddb371350505d5b4afb29eb964.png

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Having reviewed again, it does look like Collins was just about onside. The defender certainly wasn't well ahead of him.

Their second goal was very very tight but looks like the player MAY have been just behind the ball.

Either way, as you say, very difficult for the officials (for all of the first three goals)so we shouldn't be considering ourselves unlucky, criticising the officials or suggest any bias.

Just goes to show how tricky it is to get it right in the heat of the moment, with no replays! Some credit to the officials for those decisions at least (but not too many of the others!)

Quite rightly, I think, benefit of the doubt to the attackers, and both sides benefited on Saturday. At all non-VAR levels there'll be the perfectly good goal chalked off (more frustrating? I think so) but it means at those levels defenders have to be extra-awake. Cashin, as good as he's been and as well as he reads the play, just didn't seem to see Cosgrove once during that break, let alone have any idea whether or not he was playing him offside. (Have to add that the pass to Cosgrove was excellent - or a terrible shot!)

Edited by Guest

When your looking at a 3-2 defeat, two things spring to mind ...

1. Are our defenders good enough

2. We're the tactics right

We had no ability to spend a transfer fee and we have a untested new manager.

I think our managers learning.

I think we might have the best defence we could get given that we relied on free agents.

I'm confident we will be in the play off places this season, and I'm not surprised given team strength due to having no transfer budget and nearly non existent team a few weeks ago.

I've never thought we would outright win league one, and I'm grateful we still have a club to support.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Plymouth should have had a penalty at 0-0 as well.  They got a piss poor free kick when the new boy outmuscled their defender and was clear . An off side goal then given .  Ref and officials were the worst since Atwell. Diabolical

I still think there's a gulf between Saturday and the young Attwell, but the one with Osula was particularly galling, because the linesman could see it wasn't a foul but the distant ref overruled him!

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

Can we call it a moral victory ?

I can’t see why not, maybe we can have two league tables like last season?  Rather than one with minus 21 points and one without.  We could have one with actual points and one B4 thinks we were robbed of points?

@B4ev6is would you say it should have been a draw against Plymouth or a win?