Warning ! Costco to start applying parking penalties

loweman2

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

My understanding is that to enforce a parking charge through the courts, they have to be able to show that they have materially lost out by you parking there. That actually makes most of these things unenforceable. 

The problem is though, unauthorised match day parking could easily prevent customers parking there and thus affect Costco's footfall. Costco could show that they have lost out quite easily, so I reckon they (Parking Eye) would win these cases.

Your understanding is wrong, (as has already been pointed out up-thread). If you have received a 'Parking Charge' from one of these firms and believe you have been unfairly treated, your only true recourse to get it cancelled is to directly approach the landowner and put your case to them.

The parking enforcement firms exist only to extract as much revenue from you as possible, (as well as being paid by Costco to run the enforcement). The best way to stop these cowboys, is to park in accordance with their rules.

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Your understanding is wrong, (as has already been pointed out up-thread). If you have received a 'Parking Charge' from one of these firms and believe you have been unfairly treated, your only true recourse to get it cancelled is to directly approach the landowner and put your case to them.

The parking enforcement firms exist only to extract as much revenue from you as possible, (as well as being paid by Costco to run the enforcement). The best way to stop these cowboys, is to park in accordance with their rules.

This may not be true, Parking Eye will actually pay the landowner for looking after the car park in some instances, This is why Parking Eye will chase you till the ends of the earth to get that parking charge 

4 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Urban myth. By using the car park you are agreeing to the terms posted up and you will lose in court if you ignore any charge imposed.

Yes it will be a civil court not a criminal court .. but not something you would want either way. 

On 17/08/2022 at 19:43, Mucker1884 said:

I was about to state that I'm not sure anyone is finding it hard to understand... certainly not me... but (mistakenly?) thought it fair to respond, and add my own comments within an open forum discussion thread... but with your use of capitals, and the general "tone" of your post, it appears (*rightly or wrongly?) anger and/or frustration is setting in, so probably best if a say nowt further!

I was also going to ask you a members email related question, but your post above appears to suggest (*rightly or wrongly?) that your 20 year membership trumps my mere 12 year membership, to the point that my comments here aren't welcome.  That, coupled with your first line above, suggests I'd be wasting my time... and that of the reader... by doing so, so I'll refrain from asking, and seek such advice elsewhere.

I'll repeat my thanks for your kind warning to those this may affect, and add my apologies for my part in any causation in the aforementioned (assumed, rightly or wrongly!*) anger/frustration.

*I appreciate you won't be responding, so I guess we'll never know, now.

UTR, an' all that.  ??

Anybody trump my 25 years (not at the Derby location I know it’s not been open that long)