Warning ! Costco to start applying parking penalties

loweman2

7 hours ago, cannable said:

Don’t pay, Civil not Criminal law. 

They’re not gonna take a few hundred of you to court. 

That's the spirit.

Serves 'em right for owning their own customer car park so close to a football stadium!  Who do they think they are!  ?

Yep.

New signs now up around Costco Car Park (As per the OP, stating "Major Event Days" or some such wording, as opposed to "Matchdays"), and one at the main entrance stating "CCTV in operation".  (Didn't use the rear entrance/exit on this occasion).

Must admit, in the excitement, I failed to notice any actual cameras!  ?

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yep.

New signs now up around Costco Car Park (As per the OP, stating "Major Event Days" or some such wording, as opposed to "Matchdays"), and one at the main entrance stating "CCTV in operation".  (Didn't use the rear entrance/exit on this occasion).

Must admit, in the excitement, I failed to notice any actual cameras!  ?

Carry On Mood GIF

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Urban myth. By using the car park you are agreeing to the terms posted up and you will lose in court if you ignore any charge imposed.

Agreed... but only if they can be bothered to take things that far.

I'd imagine taking "A few hundred" to court "en masse" to be very worthwhile for them, both from a financial point of view, and also to get the message across to others/in future?  ?‍♂️

Edited by Mucker1884

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'd imagine taking "A few hundred" to court "en masse" to be very worthwhile for them, both from a financial point of view, and also to get the message across to others/in future?  ?‍♂️

Costco will not be the people that takes this to court, Parking Eye will, They will hound you until deaths door, Costco as the owner has the say if one needs to be cancelled, All monies go to Parking Eye

34 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Costco will not be the people that takes this to court, Parking Eye will, They will hound you until deaths door, Costco as the owner has the say if one needs to be cancelled, All monies go to Parking Eye

I never mentioned Costco.

I used the term "they" to infer whoever runs the parking (Be that Parking Eye, or a.n. other similar company, as I'm not sure who it is).

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

I never mentioned Costco.

I used the term "they" to infer whoever runs the parking (Be that Parking Eye, or a.n. other similar company, as I'm not sure who it is).

With you not mentioning Costco...I did, As you are/were not aware of who runs the system you have now been informed...it's...wait for it...

Parking Eye...HTH

53 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

My understanding is that to enforce a parking charge through the courts, they have to be able to show that they have materially lost out by you parking there. That actually makes most of these things unenforceable. 

The problem is though, unauthorised match day parking could easily prevent customers parking there and thus affect Costco's footfall. Costco could show that they have lost out quite easily, so I reckon they (Parking Eye) would win these cases.

Some stores are quite strict about leaving the car park on foot (presumably to shop somewhere else). Some years ago our local B&Q slapped a penalty on a women who had nipped across the road to pick something up from another shop, having just ordered about £4 grands worth of kitchen furniture.

Needless to say she cancelled the order as they refused to back down.

18 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Mate that nrothing new never been allowed to park therefore days unless your having tiers done but dad done that in the past and they gave him a letter to stick on his car explaining that having work done on it.

is that tiers from heaven or tiers from costco 

27 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

My understanding is that to enforce a parking charge through the courts, they have to be able to show that they have materially lost out by you parking there. That actually makes most of these things unenforceable. 

The problem is though, unauthorised match day parking could easily prevent customers parking there and thus affect Costco's footfall. Costco could show that they have lost out quite easily, so I reckon they (Parking Eye) would win these cases.

That's not true, they just need to show that they have signage to show the rules for parking. The case law around this is to do with NCP carparks