Well guys we looked really good at manfield

B4ev6is

Hey guys derby played some great stuff adam rooney was really good tonight so did cashin and other a little bit shakey in the 2nd half but when Mansfield scored there the lads looked at each other and throught we are not having this and derby fans come out in the numbers and so are not letting them down again. But derby fans were fanstic never stopped singing out getting behind the lads but when we scored first goal these lads behind me I was wearing my spcaik boot they nearly knocked me flying but he caught and grabbed me and pulling me back up I tried sticking my good leg and foot try and stop my self but missed but I am okay guys.

7 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys derby played some great stuff adam rooney was really good tonight so did cashin and other a little bit shakey in the 2nd half but when Mansfield scored there the lads looked at each other and throught we are not having this and derby fans come out in the numbers and so are not letting them down again. But derby fans were fanstic never stopped singing out getting behind the lads but when we scored first goal these lads behind me I was wearing my spcaik boot they nearly knocked me flying but he caught and grabbed me and pulling me back up I tried sticking my good leg and foot try and stop my self but missed but I am okay guys.

Rooney was picked out by Jamie Ward as having an impressive debut. His name was abundantly mentioned and seemed to be winning a lot of ball at CDM. 

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

You watch your limbs mate.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

You watch your limbs mate.

13 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Not sure you can use the term spcaik boot any more B4. Not very PC.

p.s. You should be sitting down resting that toe.

i thought we looked okay.

we won the game through individual quality at the end of the day. The quality subs won us the game

thought we made some parts of the game too easy for mansfield, second half in particular we were too sloppy playing out from the back. you can see LR clearly works hard on us playing from the back but we will have to move the ball quicker as we were too easily pressed

Edited by alram

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys derby played some great stuff adam rooney was really good tonight

Just felt the need to point out it was actually Jake Rooney.

Adam Rooney was the one who played for Stoke, Birmingham and Oldham back in the day.

Thought last night was a very “Jeckyll and Hyde” type performance.

Similar to Charlton, going forward we were largely excellent. Particularly first half were were aggressive, moved forward with pace and created a lot of good quality chances. Dobbin and Sibley especially were superb, constantly making runs in behind and driving into the box. There’s still a bit of an issue with taking those chances of course - we need to be more lethal, but hopefully that’ll come with sharpness, and is probably less concerning long term than not creating chances in the first place. 

Defensively though… the less said the better in the second half. Poor Oduroh had an absolute nightmare on his debut, not helped by some very clumsy distribution from Stearman next to him. We have the ball away way too much playing out the back, and looked very vulnerable when Mansfield lobbed balls into the box. Understandable to an extent of course, what with a disjointed defence that have never really played together - some players on their first appearances of the season and clearly unfit, and others on their senior debuts and potentially not ready. Just hope our first choice defence can build partnerships as the games go on, and become much more reliable distributing from the back.

Can’t talk about the defence without a special word for Cashin though. He was absolutely magnificent, basically holding the defence together while others around him struggled. Unbelievably mature performance for a player so young, and showed just how important he’s going to be for us this season. Rolls-Royce of a CB with a huge career ahead of him.

21 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well you’re putting yourself in these situations mate, stay safe.

I was trying to keep safe just in this boot if I try walking normal in it I will fall over as I said I tried putting good leg out try use the seat to stop me from going over but missed it.