Neutral

Nethermoor

Alright Rams, Guiseley (who?) fan here in peace.

I came to the Oxford game on Saturday with my mate (Wolves fan). 

It was our first trip to Pride Park between us and usually we pick a random game every so often. So we ended up at your place.

We had a great time, your stadium is fantastic. Plenty of eateries around the ground too. The fans we were sat near were passionate and it was infectious. We were in the North Stand which was family orientated but it was nice to see so many youngsters getting behind the team.

The atmosphere was great, the bounce by the south stand was something I won't forget. Capped with a great goal to get the win aswell. 

Only downside being, we parked at the industrial park past the south stand and we didn't move for about an hour after the final whistle. But that didn't spoil a great day out. 

All the best for the season, will be looking out for your results and will likely come back later in the season too. 

I occasionally attend a completely random game as well if we are not playing. I find it gives you a different perspective to just attending a ground as an away fan and would recommend it to folk.

Glad you enjoyed your day out at PP and sorry about the awful traffic ! Yep, I always park in the city centre these days and walk in from there. Takes me about half an hour but that is still quicker than the discounted parking that I can get closer through my company on that industrial park. It's a fair old walk from the centre but at least you feel that you are getting somewhere ! Means that I can get a bit more of my Saturday night back as I drive back up to Gtr Manchester. Anyway, enjoy your return visit later in the season ?

47 minutes ago, Nethermoor said:

It was our first trip to Pride Park between us and usually we pick a random game every so often. So we ended up at your place.

We had a great time, your stadium is fantastic. Plenty of eateries around the ground too. The fans we were sat near were passionate and it was infectious. We were in the North Stand which was family orientated but it was nice to see so many youngsters getting behind the team.

The atmosphere was great, the bounce by the south stand was something I won't forget. Capped with a great goal to get the win aswell. 

Only downside being, we parked at the industrial park past the south stand and we didn't move for about an hour after the final whistle. But that didn't spoil a great day out. 

All the best for the season, will be looking out for your results and will likely come back later in the season too. 

Not been to Nethermoor since last pre-season (5-0 defeat to Stockport) but will try to get there again soon. I wrote an article in the Gloucester programme last season titled 'A Guiseley Ram'.

I remember seeing Lee Gregory score a brace against Guiseley for Halifax several years ago in a play-off semi-final - felt a bit strange when he went on to play and score for the Rams. Do you live in Guiseley?

10 minutes ago, GuiseleyRam said:

Not been to Nethermoor since last pre-season (5-0 defeat to Stockport) but will try to get there again soon. I wrote an article in the Gloucester programme last season titled 'A Guiseley Ram'.

I remember seeing Lee Gregory score a brace against Guiseley for Halifax several years ago in a play-off semi-final - felt a bit strange when he went on to play and score for the Rams. Do you live in Guiseley?

Amazing. There's a few players who've scored against us over the last few years who have gone on to play higher up. Andre Gray, Dwight Gayle etc. Definitely weird the Lee Gregory connection.

I don't live in Guiseley anymore. I live in Farsley. My parents have just moved from Guiseley to Baildon too. Guessing you still live in G town?

16 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Pretty sure there is a link between DCFC and Guiseley.....didn't Bobby Davison manage your club, @Nethermoor?

He was ? briefly. 

While i'm here, we are fundraising for a new terrace stand. If anyone has a spare couple of quid: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/raisetheroofgafc/

51 minutes ago, Nethermoor said:

Great post & glad you enjoyed your day at PP.

Being in South West Leeds, I get to the odd Farsley game but all the best to Guiseley this season. Hope you get back to National League North ?

Just now, Nethermoor said:

Oddly enough I actually live in Farsley 

Yes, just seen your later post. Popular area these days...lot of good places to drink (esp Bar 33 & St Judes) & eat.

Always like going to The Citadel, ground with a bit of character. Do think they could be getting bigger crowds given catchment area though.

15 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

It was certainly one of the more unorthodox managerial careers.

1998–2000    Guiseley

2008–2009   Ferencváros

2012–2013    Eccleshill United

I'm sure he came back again, around 2007 or so. Might have been as assistant. 

Still what a career.... 

20 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Yes, just seen your later post. Popular area these days...lot of good places to drink (esp Bar 33 & St Judes) & eat.

Always like going to The Citadel, ground with a bit of character. Do think they could be getting bigger crowds given catchment area though.

It is the place to live these days.

I go to The Citadel from time to time. Decent little ground but needs tidying up. You're right about crowds, we get double what they get despite us being bottom most of last season. I know they're a bit closer to Leeds, but they have Pudsey, Bramley, Thornbury etc around. 

1 hour ago, Nethermoor said:

I know Guiseley!

My Dad took me to the 1991 FA Vase Final to watch Gresley Rovers v Guiseley, brilliant game finished 3-3 (AET).

We went to the replay at Bramall Lane too, the less said about that the better.

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I know Guiseley!

My Dad took me to the 1991 FA Vase Final to watch Gresley Rovers v Guiseley, brilliant game finished 3-3 (AET).

A mate of mine played in that game and the replay, Gilly Land Centre Half, Lost the replay if memory serves ☹️

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I know Guiseley!

I was at both venues too, lost my voice at Wembley, fortunately found it again at Bramall Lane. Wembley match up there with the best games I have ever attended.

23 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I know Guiseley!

We've just had a play on in Guiseley theatre about that game. 

https://www.wharfedaleobserver.co.uk/news/20279306.brand-new-play-on-hallowed-ground-guiseley-theatre-next-week/

Bit before my time unfortunately. I doubt we will ever get to Wembo again.