Neutral

Nethermoor

59 minutes ago, mozza said:

I was at both venues too, lost my voice at Wembley, fortunately found it again at Bramall Lane. Wembley match up there with the best games I have ever attended.

Brilliant game. Didn't look so good at 0-3 after about 20 mins ?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

I know Guiseley!

My Dad took me to the 1991 FA Vase Final to watch Gresley Rovers v Guiseley, brilliant game finished 3-3 (AET).

We went to the replay at Bramall Lane too, the less said about that the better.

I went then too.  I used to go and watch Gresley quite a bit back then.  I was 4-4.  Brilliant game.  If I remember right Guiseley went 3-0 up in about 1/2 hour and Gresley actually went ahead in extra-time.  Went to the replay too, not such a good experience!!

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

19 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I was at John Port with Gilly , a year older than me. Played in the same School team , great player.

Big too, He played for the Kings Head in Hilton then the team moved over to the Hilton across the road, We came together a few times and Kings Head/Hilton Athletic players became very good friends with our lot...Beau Brummel from Chadd

7 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I went then too.  I used to go and watch Gresley quite a bit back then.  I was 4-4.  Brilliant game.  If I remember right Guiseley went 3-0 up in about 1/2 hour and Gresley actually went ahead in extra-time.  Went to the replay too, not such a good experience!!

Ah yes right you are, 0-3 down, 4-3 up then 4-4 ?

I used to go to Gresley loads with my Dad back then when Derby were away from home... used to win the league more often than not in the early 90s didnt they when Frank Northwood was gaffer, Paul Acklam, Kieran Smith & Carl Rathbone banging in the goals!

43 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Ah yes right you are, 0-3 down, 4-3 up then 4-4 ?

I used to go to Gresley loads with my Dad back then when Derby were away from home... used to win the league more often than not in the early 90s didnt they when Frank Northwood was gaffer, Paul Acklam, Kieran Smith & Carl Rathbone banging in the goals!

They had a good few seasons and always plenty of goals.  I think when they went up to the Dr Martens they won something like their first 12 games.  I was skint back then and couldn’t afford to get to Derby games so I used to go to Gresley.

5 hours ago, Nethermoor said:

Alright Rams, Guiseley (who?) fan here in peace.

I came to the Oxford game on Saturday with my mate (Wolves fan). 

It was our first trip to Pride Park between us and usually we pick a random game every so often. So we ended up at your place.

We had a great time, your stadium is fantastic. Plenty of eateries around the ground too. The fans we were sat near were passionate and it was infectious. We were in the North Stand which was family orientated but it was nice to see so many youngsters getting behind the team.

The atmosphere was great, the bounce by the south stand was something I won't forget. Capped with a great goal to get the win aswell. 

Only downside being, we parked at the industrial park past the south stand and we didn't move for about an hour after the final whistle. But that didn't spoil a great day out. 

All the best for the season, will be looking out for your results and will likely come back later in the season too. 

The reason for carpark bit if dont leave few mins early the gate goes down and stays down until most of away fans leave.

Ashamed to say I had to Google the name, obviously my geography isn't as good as I thought it was as I was actually thinking it must be a channel island club or something...otherwise I'd have heard of it ?. Fair play, wonder if the Rams have ever played you guys in a friendly or other fixture down the years? Maybe one for Liam to arrange given Alfreton beat us the other week and only the league above you!

11 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

Ashamed to say I had to Google the name, obviously my geography isn't as good as I thought it was as I was actually thinking it must be a channel island club or something...otherwise I'd have heard of it ?. Fair play, wonder if the Rams have ever played you guys in a friendly or other fixture down the years? Maybe one for Liam to arrange given Alfreton beat us the other week and only the league above you!

A friendly would be nice. Alfreton relegated us last season (well we relegated ourselves, but they beat us on the final day to send us down)

I don't remember a friendly against Derby. We usually have Leeds, Bradford and Huddersfield, but as we are tinpot these days the best we got was Everton U23s