Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

I remember Charlton away few years ago one disabled kicked off and stewards made everyone sit down and then everyone kicked off at them and little kid next to me. He was crying bent down to him is because everyone shouting he said yes I said it is okay just people are mad and when people sat down he said aw I want to stand up. I said to him you stand up if you want too.

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I remember Charlton away few years ago one disabled kicked off and stewards made everyone sit down and then everyone kicked off at them and little kid next to me. He was crying bent down to him is because everyone shouting he said yes I said it is okay just people are mad and when people sat down he said aw I want to stand up. I said to him you stand up if you want too.

And thus, the next generation evolved…

6 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

But he couldn’t see anything so he’s not been since.

Is that same one I am talking about

I remember at brighton game my dad got in one block on there own was old lady in her 80s she was behind us my dad asked me to sit down so I did but once again I did it but just hated doing it. She said thankyou to pair of us.

I love these threads. ?

For the record, I was three rows from back of lower tier at Bolton, stood all game. I was lucky in that I was stood behind two small people and had a perfect view of the pitch this time. I do join in all the songs, although the fans around me weren't doing much singing. They were back and forth for pies, to visit loo etc.

There was a little lad to the left and behind me who was also fine as he stood on his seat. He was next to the aisle, which was filled with the usual mob - no seats, singing, vaping and with pints in hand. Not a steward in sight.

I do wonder what would have happened to that young lad if we had scored and "limbs" had ensued? 

My first instinct away from home if we score is to duck, rather than celebrate. This is because I'm not sure who will come flying over onto me from behind. 

I do enjoy going away but I'm getting more nervous every game.

Just now, angieram said:

I love these threads. ?

For the record, I was three rows from back of lower tier at Bolton, stood all game. I was lucky in that I was stood behind two small people and had a perfect view of the pitch this time. I do join in all the songs, although the fans around me weren't doing much singing. They were back and forth for pies, to visit loo etc.

There was a little lad to the left and behind me who was also fine as he stood on his seat. He was next to the aisle, which was filled with the usual mob - no seats, singing, vaping and with pints in hand. Not a steward in sight.

I do wonder what would have happened to that young lad if we had scored and "limbs" had ensued? 

My first instinct away from home if we score is to duck, rather than celebrate. This is because I'm not sure who will come flying over onto me from behind. 

Didn’t see any police at Bolton either. Fighting broke out when leaving the stadium just in the car park as well - not a single police officer in view anywhere. I made sure I was nowhere near it.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

I love these threads. ?

Like angie ram said standing not so bad and she enjoyed it.

7 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Only because I struck lucky with the people around me! There's also plenty of room and a good rake at Bolton to allow better views.

Port Vale is an old stadium so not expecting too much there but I fully expect to sit down at Cheltenham as folks wanting to stand can go behind goal, leaving the tea and blanket brigade in peace! ?

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Only because I struck lucky with the people around me! There's also plenty of room and a good rake at Bolton to allow better views.

Port Vale is an old stadium so not expecting too much there but I fully expect to sit down at Cheltenham as folks wanting to stand can go behind goal, leaving the tea and blanket brigade in peace! ?

Well I should be okay on back row ?

I still be making all the noise

But you still enjoyed being stood.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Looking forward to Cheltenham, weekend mapped out already ?

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Very true. ?

… She also mentioned something about “a little lad stood on his seat” (which I assume was the standard flip-up style, so not the most sturdy, unless you stand very still, and directly over the axis!)

She also opined about the good fortune of us not scoring, and there was also a comment about getting more and more nervous at away games. 

But you’re right… it does appear that she enjoys going.
Long may that last.

??

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Very true. ?

… She also mentioned something about “a little lad stood on his seat” (which I assume was the standard flip-up style, so not the most sturdy, unless you stand very still, and directly over the axis!)

She also opined about the good fortune of us not scoring, and there was also a comment about getting more and more nervous at away games. 

But you’re right… it does appear that she enjoys going.
Long may that last.

??

It is good fun being stood up

When we score I got to be a little bit careful.

I do asking people if we score try not to jump on me. But once beer starts flowing that seems get forgotten.

27 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I'd reread the wording of @angieram's post and pick up on the concerns. 

"He was next to the aisle, which was filled with the usual mob - no seats, singing, vaping and with pints in hand."

"I do wonder what would have happened to that young lad if we had scored."

"My first instinct away from home if we score is to duck"

"I'm not sure who will come flying over onto me from behind."

"I'm getting more nervous every game."

Your entire attitude is absolutely shocking, zero consideration for anyone but yourself. I only stand at matches as I'm unwilling to get some drunk high youth in my face flanked by his "show the badge" friends.

This sort of thuggish behaviour that you seemingly support is the exact thing that scares away the younger and older generation.

My father and late grandfather stopped attending many years ago due to this, and my lad is now terrified of the drunks and confrontations. It's a real effort to get him to any game now as it's just too scary. For example, he had a ticket for Blackpool away, had a asthma attack and was scared to death with the flares inside the concourse. My partner picked him up before the game and they had a nice time at the waterpark instead.

We have to look after the new generation of supporters, and thanks to the attitudes like you display it's getting increasingly difficult.

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'd reread the wording of @angieram's post and pick up on the concerns. 

"He was next to the aisle, which was filled with the usual mob - no seats, singing, vaping and with pints in hand."

"I do wonder what would have happened to that young lad if we had scored."

"My first instinct away from home if we score is to duck"

"I'm not sure who will come flying over onto me from behind."

"I'm getting more nervous every game."

Your entire attitude is absolutely shocking, zero consideration for anyone but yourself. I only stand at matches as I'm unwilling to get some drunk high youth in my face flanked by his "show the badge" friends.

This sort of thuggish behaviour that you seemingly support is the exact thing that scares away the younger and older generation.

My father and late grandfather stopped attending many years ago due to this, and my lad is now terrified of the drunks and confrontations. It's a real effort to get him to any game now as it's just too scary. For example, he had a ticket for Blackpool away, had a asthma attack and was scared to death with the flares inside the concourse. My partner picked him up before the game and they had a nice time at the waterpark instead.

We have to look after the new generation of supporters, and thanks to the attitudes like you display it's getting increasingly difficult.

Look not all of us drink to stupid levels I like a pint or two away from home even at pp only had half a pint due to medications I am on.

First drink I had all season at pp.

If I had a little kid next to me I would try to protect him or her from getting jumped.

Always some that get carried away I get jumped I remember one at Doncaster I think or rotherham untied we score I had grab hold of my dad as nearly got knocked on the railings.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

@B4ev6is i would assume @angieramwould rather sit down.

She had to stand at Bolton but was only “happy” as someone like me and @Davidwerent stood in front of her.

Stop thinking everyone should stand, it’s not the case.

6ft 4" me with a bobble hat on, good luck to whoever is behind me.

In the South Stand I had to sit on the back of the seat at times.