Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

13 minutes ago, sage said:

queued since 9am. The bloke in front of me got the last two, gutted.

When it's down to that few tickets, and there are more people queuing than there are tickets, I seriously think they should only sell 1 ticket per person.

15 minutes ago, Crewton said:

When it's down to that few tickets, and there are more people queuing than there are tickets, I seriously think they should only sell 1 ticket per person.

Someone in front of me got 7. 

I'm on the reserve list. This is the one I wanted to go to more than any this year 

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

When it's down to so few remaining tickets, I'd just make it one ticket per person queuing, otherwise how do those queuing get any feeling for whether it's worth them bothering?

Like me and my dad we want two seats togather but both got away membership it is still one ticket per I'd.

This whole away thing is a mess of the club's making. Who should get priority and how many should get priority?

Away members have paid £30 or whatever to "jump the queue". Them's the rules. 

Those who Q jumped most often, get a head start. How much of one depends on how many away games they have to their credit in the past year. Those with 20+, 15+, 10+, 5+, 5- then it's General Sale and a scramble that simple distance puts expats at a disadvantage. If I click on a seat at the same time someone in the Derby area does, they will get it.

Another group who should get some kind of advantage are STH's who, IMO, should get a chance before General Sale at least.

We expats, don't really get that much of a chance for away games. It's a proper snake pit and I don't see any way round it other than Away members and STH's first. Expats often come to see friends and family first and take in as many games as they can. Imagine living in Oz or NZ and you came home the first 2 weeks of November 2022. Loads of games but you would never have got a ticket. Should expats get a berth just before General Sale? As an expat I's obviously say "yes" but realise that fans in the UK would rather we didn't, for perfectly understandable reasons.

The club are damned if they do, damned if they don't, really. It is probably an impossibility to hope to satisfy Members, both home and away, STH's, general public and Expats, Whatever scheme the club comes up with, whichever group is bottom of the food chain won't be happy. 

Any road up. Put 5 of us on the returns list then 4 of us decided to do hospitality and asked to be taken off the list, the 5th got lucky by getting a returned ticket. All's well that ends well.... even if it does cost £72 a ticket. 

40 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

This whole away thing is a mess of the club's making. Who should get priority and how many should get priority?

Those who Q jumped most often, get a head start. How much of one depends on how many away games they have to their credit in the past year. Those with 20+, 15+, 10+, 5+, 5- then it's General Sale and a scramble that simple distance puts expats at a disadvantage. If I click on a seat at the same time someone in the Derby area does, they will get it.

Another group who should get some kind of advantage are STH's who, IMO, should get a chance before General Sale at least.

We expats, don't really get that much of a chance for away games. It's a proper snake pit and I don't see any way round it other than Away members and STH's first. Expats often come to see friends and family first and take in as many games as they can. Imagine living in Oz or NZ and you came home the first 2 weeks of November 2022. Loads of games but you would never have got a ticket. Should expats get a berth just before General Sale? As an expat I's obviously say "yes" but realise that fans in the UK would rather we didn't, for perfectly understandable reasons.

The club are damned if they do, damned if they don't, really. It is probably an impossibility to hope to satisfy Members, both home and away, STH's, general public and Expats, Whatever scheme the club comes up with, whichever group is bottom of the food chain won't be happy. 

Any road up. Put 5 of us on the returns list then 4 of us decided to do hospitality and asked to be taken off the list, the 5th got lucky by getting a returned ticket. All's well that ends well.... even if it does cost £72 a ticket. 

Well me and my dad are both season tickets holders and not been like that for years now and not going change back and were also away memberships we did 19 away games last season.

54 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Sorry - Why is it the clubs mess?

Supply outstrips demand - so priority given to those who go more often. Thats exactly how it should be.

The only change for me might be Season Ticket Holders before general sale but beside that I think its completely fair.

The only other issue but I don't see how they could really have avoided it - they introduced it before this season started but without any notice so you didn't know that attending more games last year was going to help you this year. However again - they've had to assign priority somehow and this is fair.

Sorry but I don't see why an Ex-pat should get any level of favouritism. Nothing personal.

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - Why is it the clubs mess?

Supply outstrips demand - so priority given to those who go more often. Thats exactly how it should be.

The only change for me might be Season Ticket Holders before general sale but beside that I think its completely fair.

The only other issue but I don't see how they could really have avoided it - they introduced it before this season started but without any notice so you didn't know that attending more games last year was going to help you this year. However again - they've had to assign priority somehow and this is fair.

Sorry but I don't see why an Ex-pat should get any level of favouritism. Nothing personal.

And done most of away games this season so you telling me that people attend games should get less proitry then.

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Nothing personal but if you were here the first two weeks of November you would have had Morecambe, Liverpool and MK Dons away, all I believe went to general sale. Torquay away also didn’t sell out and I’m sure if you can travel from Australia or NZ you’d manage the short hop to Torquay. Hope you enjoy Barnsley.

11 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Nothing personal but if you were here the first two weeks of November you would have had Morecambe, Liverpool and MK Dons away, all I believe went to general sale. Torquay away also didn’t sell out and I’m sure if you can travel from Australia or NZ you’d manage the short hop to Torquay. Hope you enjoy Barnsley.

Liverpool never made general sale on that game was season tickets and mk Don's both sold out but no season ticket sale on it and all depands on number of away tickets.