22/23 Youngsters

RAMS1992

10 hours ago, JfR said:

Rosenior specifically mentioned Carlos Richards and Darren Robinson in his pre-Bradford interview, so they'd be the first two to look out for

Ah yeah forgot Richards. He came on late for the first team last season if I remember rightly. Only 16 

Carlos Richards and Darren Robinson are the two obvious ones.

A few other names to possibly look out for:

Riley Moloney (LB) - Looked a great prospect before injury so it'll be interesting to see what he's like when he's fully fit again. Captained England at youth level.
Connor Dixon (CM) - One of the older youth players we have. If he doesn't break through here this season then he probably never will. A hard worker in the middle of the park.
Osazee Aghatise (AM/LW/RW) - Very impressive for the U23s last term. Was surprised we didn't get to see more of him in the first team last season if I'm honest.
Sam Sebagbo (AM) - Maybe not in the league, but would expect him to get a run out in one of the cups. Only 16. Got one hell of a shot on him!

Also, thanks to the last couple of years, there's a need to recruit in both the U21 and U18 age groups... it wouldn't surprise me to see some names that we don't yet know of that have been released from other clubs/picked up from the lower leagues make an impact; like Plange and Ebiowei did last season.

Yeah I imagine there will be a number of players brought in. 

Has Conor Dixon been given a contract? Was under the impression his was up. 

Wonder if Solomon at CB will get a bit of a chance around the squad as well 

I sincerely hope the club have learned their lesson from last season- you can rely on youngsters to bolster a significant percentage of your squad!

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Carlos Richards and Darren Robinson are the two obvious ones.

A few other names to possibly look out for:

Riley Moloney (LB) - Looked a great prospect before injury so it'll be interesting to see what he's like when he's fully fit again. Captained England at youth level.
Connor Dixon (CM) - One of the older youth players we have. If he doesn't break through here this season then he probably never will. A hard worker in the middle of the park.
Osazee Aghatise (AM/LW/RW) - Very impressive for the U23s last term. Was surprised we didn't get to see more of him in the first team last season if I'm honest.
Sam Sebagbo (AM) - Maybe not in the league, but would expect him to get a run out in one of the cups. Only 16. Got one hell of a shot on him!

Also, thanks to the last couple of years, there's a need to recruit in both the U21 and U18 age groups... it wouldn't surprise me to see some names that we don't yet know of that have been released from other clubs/picked up from the lower leagues make an impact; like Plange and Ebiowei did last season.

Dixon and Aghatise were offered new deals, but so far we haven't heard anything to suggest they're staying.

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Dixon and Aghatise were offered new deals, but so far we haven't heard anything to suggest they're staying.

Really hope Dixon stays, he has a really good player in him, could bloom in league 1.

Darren Robinson won the scholar of the year last season. Pretty sure quite a few of our established academy graduates won that in the past, so it’s a good indication that a player has real potential to break through. Having already made a couple of sub appearances last season, he’s the one to watch for a breakthrough campaign imo.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Darren Robinson won the scholar of the year last season. Pretty sure quite a few of our established academy graduates won that in the past, so it’s a good indication that a player has real potential to break through. Having already made a couple of sub appearances last season, he’s the one to watch for a breakthrough campaign imo.

Glover and hoduro looked good for me today