Away Memberships

Day

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I wonder if there are a limited number of ‘Away Memberships’ up for sale?

I’m  guessing not, but who knows?

I’d be stunned if there is a limit. Why would there be? Everyone sold is a little extra income for the club and it doesn’t really matter to the club if we’re over subscribed when it comes to buying away tickets. 

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep, although I would guess 20+ pretty much guarantees them. Gets less likely the further down you go.

Not easy as in a non-covid season we would have had 22/23. But we had a slow start due to covid, as I would imagine did more than a few.

But they've got to do something and whatever they do it won't suit everyone.

I’m guessing 20+ Will guarantee you a ticket or they would have set the bar at 21 22 or 23. Charlton shouldn’t be a problem ( for members anyway) with over 3,000 so the first match to set any gauge will be Shrewsbury with about 1,800.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’d be stunned if there is a limit. Why would there be? Everyone sold is a little extra income for the club and it doesn’t really matter to the club if we’re over subscribed when it comes to buying away tickets. 

We are just too big for Division 1 regarding our Support 

It would be nice to know based on last seasons numbers, how many fans fall into each category.

Of course they won’t tell us this because it’ll limit the amount of memberships they sell but falling into the 5+ for myself, I’d be interested to know on my odds of getting tickets.

My guess is circa 3000 away memberships last year so there will sadly be a number of games where I will be watching Rams TV!

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The way I read it is, to avoid waiting for general sale you need to purchase away membership. I don’t think it matters if you buy your membership tomorrow or in a weeks time provided you’ve bought it before any away tickets go on sale. When you’ve purchased membership, you then fall into one of phase 1-5 depending on how many away games you attended last season. Of course you need to have purchased your away tickets via DCFC (using your fan ID) otherwise they won’t know how many games you’ve attended.

I’m not sure what you’re expecting to find out at 10am tomorrow. All that happens then is that away membership go on sale.

Maybe my understanding is completely wrong.

I was responding to Curtains, TR, because he was suggesting that the sale of away memberships was being staggered, rather than just the sale of tickets to away memberholders.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

It would be nice to know based on last seasons numbers, how many fans fall into each category.

Of course they won’t tell us this because it’ll limit the amount of memberships they sell but falling into the 5+ for myself, I’d be interested to know on my odds of getting tickets.

My guess is circa 3000 away memberships last year so there will sadly be a number of games where I will be watching Rams TV!

Unless there was a sudden surge for the Blackpool game I don’t think it was as high as 2,000. Happy to be proved wrong.

Looking at the red dogs official site they have about half a dozen options for membership including an exclusive one for the 400  maximum that went to 18 of the 23 games. They have also set a limit of 5,000 members paying up to £60 pounds although nobody in the premier league gives much more than 3,000 tickets.

5 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Looking at the red dogs official site they have about half a dozen options for membership including an exclusive one for the 400  maximum that went to 18 of the 23 games. They have also set a limit of 5,000 members paying up to £60 pounds although nobody in the premier league gives much more than 3,000 tickets.

Well they must be mad. Why limit the number of away members? 

1 minute ago, Tricky1884 said:

Honest question. Years ago I went to a few away games and it was pretty easy to get a ticket. If you don't want the membership and only really want to go to one or two away games how easy is it nowadays?

Previously, fine. This year? Depends on the ground. Sheffield Wednesday? Should be fine. MK Dons? Fine. Burton? No chance. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Well they must be mad. Why limit the number of away members? 

Because with 5,000+ members and only 3,000 tickets you’ll have lots of complaints from fans that have been to every game since Sammy Chapman was a lad (allegedly).

10 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

Cambridge away or Oxford away I'm looking at just because I have friends there  

They’re a tad further away which is a start, but Cambridge’s ground is really small so could be tough if we are going well. Oxford’s a little bigger so again, depends on how we are doing I would say. 

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Look out for the Twitter announcement on Monday:

’10,000 Away Memberships sold already’

30 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Because with 5,000+ members and only 3,000 tickets you’ll have lots of complaints from fans that have been to every game since Sammy Chapman was a lad (allegedly).

Yes but you'll still get folk complaining that they couldn't even get membership if numbers are limited. If 10000 buy membership but can't get a ticket because allocations are limited  is that any worse than 10000 people wanting membership but not being able to get it because numbers are limited? (apart from the fact they've shelled out the membership fee I guess but that is offset by the fact that atleast you're in with a chance of getting a ticket whereas you're not if you couldn't buy membership)

Edited by Tamworthram