Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I wonder what sort of team Forest had out? 

Strong. CF is about to go on loan to Sunderland. Team full of established u21 players. It wasn’t pretty and at times mentality didn’t look great but this is a young team and the core will be learning an awful lot this year and will be the heart of the team next year. 

Evans Hawkins Robinson Richards are all 1 - 2 years ahead of where they should be and some of the subs last night were first year scholars so they are arguably playing 3 years ahead of where they should be. I think this season is one where these kids and they are kids shouldn’t necessarily be judged on. 

With a settled first team going into next season a settled u21s becomes more competitive. There will need to be u21 recruitment done in the summer as many are out of contract but I still maintain there were future first team players out there last night and the club thinks so too of that I’m sure…

The decimation of the Academy due to Administration is clear to see. Oppo fans who claim the club hasn't been punished enough will be oblivious to this, but for the next couple of seasons we're playing catch-up at all levels. We'll get there in time though because it's clear there's some quality coming through even if they're out of their depth as teams at the moment. If the coaches keep the kids focus on continuing their development without dwelling on results too much they'll get through this. 

41 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The decimation of the Academy due to Administration is clear to see. Oppo fans who claim the club hasn't been punished enough will be oblivious to this, but for the next couple of seasons we're playing catch-up at all levels. We'll get there in time though because it's clear there's some quality coming through even if they're out of their depth as teams at the moment. If the coaches keep the kids focus on continuing their development without dwelling on results too much they'll get through this. 

The first steps to rebuilding it have been taken. All will be well.