Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

34 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

It might work for them, or it might not. I'll be interested to see who misses out on the squad numbers, it will be tricky to keep everyone happy. Their wage bill will be huge, there are still Arter and Shelvey on the books who won't play who will be getting nearly £100k a week,  if I was Arters agent I'd be in the  managers office when the squad are out saying my client needs a pay rise to match Shelvey as the going rate for the non squad midfielder is clearly £65k a week. These players, despite their young age, will only retain value if they play well, as we found to our cost if it goes wrong on the pitch you will be stuck with a load of overpayed players you can't unload.

everyone was saying the same last year, this year they seem to have built on it in a weaker league

i don’t think there is a chance they go down this year especially with the signings they have made

100k is a drop in the ocean in the premier league that’s just reality nowadays however wrong it is

Edited by alram

FFP doesn’t seem to matter all that much in the Premier League.

Forest’s initial spend was a big gamble. But now they stayed up last season, buying 10+ new players every summer isn’t a bad idea. I mean, they only need 3 to stick and they have improved. And then gradually offload the other 7 over the next few years.

Rinse and repeat.

Forest actually have 34 senior players on their books (plus another 8 out on loan).

Of those that signed last season, players like Lingard, Freuler, O’Brien, Ayew and Cook have left. 

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Another complete mess again, even if they signed no one they would easily have stayed up due to the promoted clubs being so poor 

I haven’t heard of any of the ones they have signed at this point 

Really? Origi? Hudson odoi?

the others are even better tbf. 

but as i say it doesnt matter cooper will put a waisteband around them all stopping them venturing past the halfway line 

They’re creaming themselves the red dogs now. Genuinely think this will take them to the next level. They’ve actually been measured this window, they needed to sell Johnson for FFP but then spent the cash on Sangare albeit amortised, lots of loans with obligations to buy but that’s just kicking the can down the road. They’re clearly up to the wire on FFP. Eventually that catches up.    They’ll be midtable then whoever is any good will need to be sold then it’s all about signing the same quality or better, Leicester Southampton Leeds Stoke Wolves all did the same and look where they are now, Forest will be wolves in the next couple of years on the decline but only after reaching the dizzy heights of 10th at best. Sure we would gladly swap and be in their position of course, but some of their fans genuinely think they are one of the country elite clubs and should be challenging for Europe, when reality is they are a lower premier league/top half championship club, as are Leicester and as are we (or will be again when we get back to our normal position in the pyramid)

1 hour ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Never heard of any of the signings apart from HOI and he’s crap, the best they can hope for this season is 12th/13th

You must have heard of Origi surely?? Liverpool's super sub for a number of years. 

Which is kinda the problem with him, he's a super sub, but over 90 minutes you don't get a great deal out of him.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Still never heard of him, expect cooper will be gone by January if not in a European spot which they won’t be 

I'll be amazed if they sack him unless they're in the bottom 5 at Christmas. They've made some shrewd signings, got rid of quite a bit of the dross eft over from last season so I can see a comfortable mid-table finish for them (10th-14th or thereabouts).

It pains me to write this.

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I'll be amazed if they sack him unless they're in the bottom 5 at Christmas. They've made some shrewd signings, got rid of quite a bit of the dross eft over from last season so I can see a comfortable mid-table finish for them (10th-14th or thereabouts).

It pains me to write this.

Yet what the owner expects is a different scenario 😉

12 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

It might work for them, or it might not. I'll be interested to see who misses out on the squad numbers, it will be tricky to keep everyone happy. Their wage bill will be huge, there are still Arter and Shelvey on the books who won't play who will be getting nearly £100k a week,  if I was Arters agent I'd be in the  managers office when the squad are out saying my client needs a pay rise to match Shelvey as the going rate for the non squad midfielder is clearly £65k a week. These players, despite their young age, will only retain value if they play well, as we found to our cost if it goes wrong on the pitch you will be stuck with a load of overpayed players you can't unload.

They've got a get out of jail free card by "selling" players to their parent club.

Good win for Forest today. The way they have competed with Chelsea, United and Arsenal away from home shows they are miles ahead of the likes of the three that came up who so far have just been battered every game.

Our 11 point record could be under threat this year. Genuinely think one of those three will struggle to get more than 15.

Imagine Forest get in the Conference League and have European nights within the next few years while we are stuck with Warne in League 1 with the likes of Collins and Washington running around like headless chickens chasing Channel balls and long hoofs.

Would be so bad it would almost be laughable, actually is feasible as well tbf.

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We really missed the boat in 2013/14. In another universe, Derby beat QPR, Thorne doesn’t get injured in pre season and we easily stay up with Thorne, Hughes and Hendrick forming a comfortable PL midfield.

Who knows where we'd be now though? Maybe midtable championship or still league 1 after relegation and financial issues. Eventually we will get there, need to get to championship first then get a new owner with more money to take us to next level as we could be like a Preston always in midtable if don't invest with the championship being tough at the top. Possibly could get to Prem without spending alot but it's hard to do anything in the Prem without decent funds to buy players for 10+mill and offer 70k+ a week.

Edited by Marriot Ram99