Roy McFarland Statistic

Rammeister

Here’s something from todays Times, that I thought was worth sharing:-

‘If Southgate picks Phil Foden tomorrow he will hope the Manchester City player remains a lucky charm: he is the first player since Roy McFarland in 1971-73 to remain unbeaten in his first 15 England appearances while winning as many as 13 of those games.’

I can imagine the bemused looks on peoples faces as they Google ‘RoyMcFarland’ and find out Derby apparently had a player in the England team back then.

3 hours ago, Rammeister said:

‘If Southgate picks Phil Foden tomorrow he will hope the Manchester City player remains a lucky charm: he is the first player since Roy McFarland in 1971-73 to remain unbeaten in his first 15 England appearances while winning as many as 13 of those games.’

I can imagine the bemused looks on peoples faces as they Google ‘RoyMcFarland’ and find out Derby apparently had a player in the England team back then.

Three with another as a much underused sub. In fact they were all underused for England.

3 hours ago, Rammeister said:

I think they'd be more surprised that we had 2 in the starting XI for England against Germany in the Italia 90 semi-final when Gazza burst into tears.

2 Derby players in a World Cup semi ffs for England!!!

It gives me a semi just thinking about it.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I think they'd be more surprised that we had 2 in the starting XI for England against Germany in the Italia 90 semi-final when Gazza burst into tears.

Ooo Mark Wright and Peter Shilton some good nights in the pubs watching that tournament.

4 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Seth Johnson was our last player to play for  England full international team whilst still with the Rams, I believe.