London Rams

What’s cracking off down in the big city then? I’ve just accepted a role as a graduate actuary down in London (think I mentioned I was applying a long while back), so am hoping to move down there in September, subject to various checks, as well as me actually graduating!

Im guessing there’s got to be a decent contingent down there. I’m planning on keeping my season ticket at the moment, which my wallet is already in tears about. But f*** it, Derby till I die and all that

33 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What’s cracking off down in the big city then? I’ve just accepted a role as a graduate actuary down in London (think I mentioned I was applying a long while back), so am hoping to move down there in September, subject to various checks, as well as me actually graduating!

Im guessing there’s got to be a decent contingent down there. I’m planning on keeping my season ticket at the moment, which my wallet is already in tears about. But f*** it, Derby till I die and all that

Actuary, based in London, congrats and very impressive!

when are you buying the stadium?

4 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

You ever seen the price of rent down there? I’m not on terrible wages, but even I’m taking out a bloody loan! I’m in contact with MSD right now ?

Don't worry about it, I'm sure with the levelling up policies being introduced by the government. The rents in London will soon come down to that of the rest of the country.

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

There's a London supporter group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/capitalrams

Midweek home games are tricky... trains to London can stop running surprisingly early , but you can sometimes get back via Birmingham. 

Good luck in your new job.

On 04/06/2022 at 02:03, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

can u get gravy on your chips? 

In the early 70s I worked in Tottenham ripping up railway lines, Went to the chip shop, Asked for a gravy mix, Fella said...what's a facking gravy mix, Chips, Peas with gravy, Fack off he said, I got chips n peas and gravy in a carton Happy France GIF by Roland-Garros

On 03/06/2022 at 19:44, Millenniumram said:

Hey @Millenniumram, you must be around the same age as my eldest, he’s due down in the smoke from September too, as a graduate surveyor. Ardent Ram of course, not even got round to looking at digs as he’s too busy going from holiday to another,  post course parties and generally having a blowout this summer before serious employment.

Just a shout out, he’s not got round to any accommodation ideas, but if you’re interested in shared digs P.M me, be happy to put him in touch with a fellow Ram.

Told him about the capital Rams too, they were fairly active when I was down there years back. 

23 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

I think a lot of London Ram's frequent the Stage Door for games. @Steve Bloomer's Washingwill know for sure!

Good to hear about another Ram in the capital!

Yep, the Stage Door is the place to be for televised Derby games. The London Branch have a relationship with the owners and they always make sure to have our games on. It's a 5-10 min walk from Waterloo/Waterloo East.

Here's a flavour from last season:

The Branch also organise travel to/from games from London (often at a discount).