South stand terrace?

Rev

25 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Why would it?  Get more people in especially younger fans.

prices elsewhere can be higher of course. Fill the ground. 

The South stand is always the first to sell out, Cardiff game is already sold out and only a few left for Bristol. The North stand is the one that needs discounting for families.

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yep. But you're talking about improving the atmosphere in South Stand. I'm just saying cheap tickets isn't the way to do it.

I’m actually not talking about improving the atmosphere, I’m talking about getting more people into DCFC and being able to attend games. 

8 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

I’m actually not talking about improving the atmosphere, I’m talking about getting more people into DCFC and being able to attend games. 

Sorry, thought you were. You don't need to get more fans into the South Stand, it's a near sell out every match. 

So to get more fans into ground, you'd need to discount seats elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

My dad started going in the 50's, dosnt go now cause he is 95, but he never ever sung or really shouted loud, but he loved football. Dont know if its a later thing singing or not. I started in the 60's and we sung then.

It's just personal choice. My husband never sings or chants.

I was a Popsider in 70s and I only recall the songs, but I bet there were plenty didn't join in. 

But West Stand was awful when I moved up there, no noise at all. Now there's a mix. I like it! 

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Last time I was in the south stand everyone stood up the whole match anyway so I think provision for safe standing is a no brainer provided it's not too expensive to install.

Doesn't have to be the whole stand.

Yes everybody does stand up, so in effect it’s already a terrace. If you take the seats out where will people sit at half time.?

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

Doesn't safe standing have little pull down seats for half time (and drunks!)

I could be wrong, but I thought that, where safe standing (Rail seats) is available and allowed, the seats get locked in the upright (unusable) position.  For games that don't allow the safe standing option (European ties?... irrelevant in our case!) they are released to be used in the usual way.
For "safe-standing games", I don't think sitting is an option (in those area(s).

*Going totally on memory from a past read-up, and haven't re-checked the facts, so very much stand to be corrected.  ?‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought that, where safe standing (Rail seats) is available and allowed, the seats get locked in the upright (unusable) position.  For games that don't allow the safe standing option (European ties?... irrelevant in our case!) they are released to be used in the usual way.
For "safe-standing games", I don't think sitting is an option (in those area(s).

*Going totally on memory from a past read-up, and haven't re-checked the facts, so very much stand to be corrected.  ?‍♂️

Thanks. I didn't know that.

I think it's a good idea but one that is currently unnecessary. I'm sure the south stand will sell out pretty much every match next season especially if we can start putting some form together and be looking at the right end of the table. I think more attention needs to be given to the North stand and work out a way to try and get that a bit more popular than it is. 

When I was a kid, me and my mates (all about aged 11/12) used to go to the BBG boys end in the Normanton end. Our parents didn’t go, we went by ourselves. I don’t think you can do that now? It a shame we can’t have a boys (and girls) end in the North Stand

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Seeing as we'll be a League One side next season, can/should we remove the seats from the South stand and enjoy an old fashioned terrace?

Will that bring the return of someone weeing in your pocket because it's too difficult to leave a packed terrace to get to the toilets ?

And yes younger fans, believe it or not that did used to happen !! or they would use a rolled up programme for direction

Edited by SamUltraRam