Fresh start

RYRAM

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Okay so there are some grumpy pedants but the truth is we’re likely to be a Div One club next season and with a very different team.

This season has helped unify elements of the fanbase and I hope that unity continues as we begin our struggle in August.

The hope is, of course, that we ride through the leagues as a ‘big club’

Nothing should be taken for granted and we will be a target for the rest but if we stick together we will be alright.

The owner and manager need to build a dream the team believes in.

Thankyou well said 

Whilst I get why you've posted this @RYRAMlet's park this one for a bit. We're not down yet.  Hang in there until it's mathematically impossible, then you can post it.  I agree there's all sorts of big boned ladies warming their tonsils, but they're banned from any form of singing at the moment. 

May be worth separating out the "and we have a club" bit too.  We're all excited to have finally named a PB but this doesn't mean it's sorted.  Sorry if that wees on anyone's firework but there's still a huge amount to finalise and resolve, not least our lovely friends at the EFL. As happy as I am to finally get some good news, my feet remain firmly on the ground until this is all rubber stamped. The reality is it could still all go horribly wrong.  Not being pessimistic, just a realist. 

For now, keep the faith ?

I think I’m starting to accept and look forward to next season.

im getting a hit tired of seasons where we lose more often than we win. And when we win, it’s a hard fought 1-0. I was spoilt by mclaren, and I want another season where we can realistically look forward to the occasional 5-0 drubbing if someone, where everything just clicks. I want to be the flat track bully.

these past few seasons have reminded me of some under clough jnr where a loss was expected, a draw was a bonus, and a win was a shock. I’m kind of bored of that now. 

I know it’s not as simple as just turning up and assuming we’re head and shoulders above most teams in league one. If we could keep this team as it is, then we probably are, as we’re in a false position, but we have no idea what the team will look like, or what manager we’ll have. Many big teams have assumed they’ll bounce straight back up with a bigger bank roll, and they are still slogging away trying to make it happen.

but I live in hope that next season we’ll be winning more than we lose, and mixing it up at the top of the league. 

28 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I think I’m starting to accept and look forward to next season.

im getting a hit tired of seasons where we lose more often than we win. And when we win, it’s a hard fought 1-0. I was spoilt by mclaren, and I want another season where we can realistically look forward to the occasional 5-0 drubbing if someone, where everything just clicks. I want to be the flat track bully.

these past few seasons have reminded me of some under clough jnr where a loss was expected, a draw was a bonus, and a win was a shock. I’m kind of bored of that now. 

I know it’s not as simple as just turning up and assuming we’re head and shoulders above most teams in league one. If we could keep this team as it is, then we probably are, as we’re in a false position, but we have no idea what the team will look like, or what manager we’ll have. Many big teams have assumed they’ll bounce straight back up with a bigger bank roll, and they are still slogging away trying to make it happen.

but I live in hope that next season we’ll be winning more than we lose, and mixing it up at the top of the league. 

Mate we will have a different team so these 5 nill games you dream of may not happen. It's a hard league mate. Long ball and big lads your in for a shock if you think we are going to just steam roll teams. Just ask Sunderland fans. 

We do need to  be back in champ within 2 seasons and with -15 it's going be hard first season let's stay up first ya 

21 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

If every fan and the players were like you we would already be down.

What's that meant to mean? What gives you the right to take the high ground when you talk such nonsense. I can take personal feelings out of the situation and look at things in a pragmatic way. You seem unable to do this. Perhaps I am a bit wiser and older in the tooth, maybe that's the kindest way to put it.......

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

If every fan and the players were like you we would already be down.

That's such a weird thing to say are you saying that every supporter whom went to the Preston game did not consider for one moment that we would get relegated this season?

You're making out again that the two stances are mutually exclusive- you can't be a true fan AND believe that we could  be relegated this season. Its utter poppycock. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's such a weird thing to say are you saying that every supporter whom went to the Preston game did not consider for one moment that we would get relegated this season?

You're making out again that the two stances are mutually exclusive- you can't be a true fan AND believe that we could  be relegated this season. Its utter poppycock. 

Yeah but no but.

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Yeah but no but.

I think we'll get relegated this season then. 

That answer is obviously not acceptable though to a select few on here. 

Best lie then and say I think we will stay up even though I don't to avoid upset. 

19 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He’s not worth wasting time on ?

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Best lie then and say I think we will stay up even though I don't to avoid upset. 

I've seen better lies, if I'm honest.  In fact, some of them were that good, I didn't even know they were lies!

You, on the other hand, need to practise more!  ?

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

There’s a difference between I think we’ll be relegated and we are already relegated which was stated in the first line of this thread, I stated if all the fans and players had just accepted that we didn’t have a chance and just gave up then we would already be down. Fortunately all the players and the majority of fans have carried on the fight and not given up. I am proud to say that I am one of them and will not give up while we still have a chance. Once we got the points deduction it was always going to difficult, everyone knew that. There’s a very good chance that we will be relegated and I have always accepted that, but that doesn’t mean we just give up. #WFTTE.

16 hours ago, RYRAM said:

So we are down but we give it a bloody go proud of the lads!

We have a club and a new league it is a blank canvas any young manager would love. I for one hope it's Rooney that as the chance to build. We are more then likely going be on -15 next season ( look at what happened to Coventry why would it be any different for us)?

So frees and loans it will be lads I for one feel we can hit the ground running and depending on a lot of ifs push up that table I one or two seasons 

Thoughts guys

At least we have Rooney in charge to use his networks and experience in the game to make the most of free agents and loanees. If CK can get deal to buy the club over the line soon there will be plenty of decent free agents available.