Suggestions to Save Derby County

Curtains

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm countering the argument put forward- whether it be positive or negative is an irrelevance. 

But if you want me to blithely agree with everything posted on here then let me know and will try and accommodate. 

Remember this has come from Guessman Nixon so could well be a load of rubbish anyway…..

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Mate the thread is about viable real alternatives because I don’t see any right now .

Whats your alternative!

Maybe there aren't any viable alternatives and either Morris has to pull his finger out or we get liquidated. 

Sorry if that doesn't fit with the party line. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I'm countering the argument put forward- whether it be positive or negative is an irrelevance. 

But if you want me to blithely agree with everything posted on here then let me know and will try and accommodate. 

No, but you are being myopic about it, failing to state any positive. You seem to be arguing against it without listening to any counter arguments.

I'd argue that councillors will have been absolutely inundated with questions about what can be done to help save Derby County in far greater numbers than any small number of potential objectors.

MPs similar. 

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Am just saying what is immediately obvious and attractive to a football supporter will not have the same bearing on those who don't follow football. 

Someone whose never supported a football team might easily turn round and question this and quite rightly. It's the thin end of the wedge. 

I live in Breadsall Estate and didnt agree with the new baths being built on moorways instead of at the back of the busstation where it was first going to be built,2 bus journeys for a lot of families, but a can see your point of view.

1 minute ago, angieram said:

No, but you are being myopic about it, failing to state any positive. You seem to be arguing against it without listening to any counter arguments.

I'd argue that councillors will have been absolutely inundated with questions about what can be done to help save Derby County in far greater numbers than any small number of potential objectors.

MPs similar. 

You could be right I genuinely don't know. I was raising my points likewise. But it's unfair to start calling someone negative if they are merely responding to posts. In the same manner you could call someone irrationally optimistic as a slur. 

I prefer just to reply to posts and leave the labelling out of it please. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe there aren't any viable alternatives and either Morris has to pull his finger out or we get liquidated. 

Sorry if that doesn't fit with the party line. 

No I understand your point .

To me that would  be heartbreaking and whilst ever there is a chance of Derby County being saved all avenues must be explored including Council options .

If there are no alternatives I’m afraid the party line will be a disaster for the city 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

No I understand your point .

To me that would  be heartbreaking and whilst ever there is a chance of Derby County being saved all avenues must be explored including Council options .

If there are no alternatives I’m afraid the party line will be a disaster for the city 

Just saying there might not be any viable options. If this doesn't fit in with the status quo on here then so be it. I don't have the answers. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Just saying there might not be any viable options. If this doesn't fit in with the status quo on here then so be it. I don't have the answers. 

No that’s fair enough .

My opinion is that the Council should do everything reasonably possible to save DCFC .

I also want MM to tell us why he can’t help also but that may not happen 

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

But it's not for everyone. It's just for us football fans. 

Sorry, I just can't see it happening. 

What about the vaccinodrome next door. People go on bikes but not round and round. It is also used for badders, ping pong and volley ball not exactly mainstream sports are they?

All rather niche, the same could be said of the new swimmimg complex built at Moorways, it is only for swimmers.

Helping the club at this moment in need, helps local people, local jobs, local suppliers and that is what i pay my local taxes for

3 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

And more agreeable on the rent of stadium than new owners or owner that can pay off over time and perhaps they might say if we buy pp then you can pay off tax of what tickets get sold percentage goes off and you get percentage to put  back into pp.

Whats a fair rate B4 for the club to pay the council for the ground?

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Time for the fans to own the stadium?

C'mon someone start a crowd funder? once Jack thingymabob, George Clooney, One Direction, Robert Lindsay, Bloke off Tiswas, and all the other super rich supporters put in some cash, we can then all add in what we can afford, and we'll soon have the 20 Million quid or enough for a new strip for next season, so we all have something to wear for our summer holidays.

And the so called life long fan (biggest joke of this whole shirade) can invest his 20 Million quid or our 20 Million quid into something else that he makes out he is a life long fan of, (corruption?) and we all live happily ever after.

Dont forget Simon “lovely pair of knockers” Groom, that bloke out of Blur, Maxine Shaw, Charlie Hanson, Mike Cattermole, they must all be good for a few quid

9 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

What about the vaccinodrome next door. People go on bikes but not round and round. It is also used for badders, ping pong and volley ball not exactly mainstream sports are they?

All rather niche, the same could be said of the new swimmimg complex built at Moorways, it is only for swimmers.

Helping the club at this moment in need, helps local people, local jobs, local suppliers and that is what i pay my local taxes for

I don't think the velodrome brings the same levels of polarised opinions. I bet most people think, Meh. 

Football though, makes some people think about overpaid prima donna's, about too much exposure on TV, about hooliganism in the 80s, about tribalism. And there's lots of people who just think it's a waste of money. 

I don't see a council risking peeing off all the people who don't like football,that's all. 

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Not many council white elephants are polarising as football is. It's just a risky way to spend public money - and doing polarising things isn't a ery council-like thing to do. 

My mother for example has no interest in football. I'm sure a lot of people are the same. My dad hates it. They'd be up in arms if their local council spent £20m, good investment or not. 

And how many local Forest, Leeds, Burton Albion etc. fans would vote for the same group of local councillors who pushed this through? 

It just feels like the kind of thing a council would steer clear of, for self preservation reasons. 

As I've said its not spending though, its an investment.  Its not like spending £20 m on a holiday , you get a commercial property which generates income each year. In answer to your other question I do not know what the cost of maintenace on the stadium is , but corporate and hospitality income for DCFC in 2017-18  (when they still owned the stadium)  was £4m . "Other" income £3m... how much would now go to the club and how much to the stadium owner I do not know. But £20 m would be a bargain in my view provided the club can survive.  

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I don't think the velodrome brings the same levels of polarised opinions. I bet most people think, Meh. 

Football though, makes some people think about overpaid prima donna's, about too much exposure on TV, about hooliganism in the 80s, about tribalism. And there's lots of people who just think it's a waste of money. 

I don't see a council risking peeing off all the people who don't like football,that's all. 

But they are not buying the football club they are buying a property.

7 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Dont forget Simon “lovely pair of knockers” Groom, that bloke out of Blur, Maxine Shaw, Charlie Hanson, Mike Cattermole, they must all be good for a few quid

And that woman who was in the jam commercial……

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

But they are not buying the football club they are buying a property.

And most council tax payers won't look into it in any depth. They will see the headline figures and jump to conclusions. 

Council pays £20m to ex owner who left club in chaos to buy ground for Derby County. The opposition parties would have a field day with accusations of recklessness. And what if the club folds, what would the council do with the ground? 

I'm not saying it won't happen, or that there's no logical reason to not do it. I'm saying I think it is unlikely for political reasons. 

Car boot sales in the car park on a Sunday if we aren’t playing.

low cost small meeting rooms in the non bought corporate boxes viewing the pitch.

Larger conferencing in the other large open areas.

Link up with Derby College to offer space to rent during the week.

The large tv Screens outside the ground were supposed to generate £1 million year, are they even turned on at the moment?