Shefki Kuqi

Hucknall Ram

If this happened, we'd be relying on the midfielders heavily again, which I can't see working at the moment.

Kuqi won't score for us either, not many. I'd take him back on loan till the end of the season again just as an option but to think he would be one of our main starters I wouldn't find that appealing.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the talk down here is that he is going to sign for us today or tomorrow.

Has any one else on here heard about it.

Might explain the comments on Radio Derby this morning that we may be widening our search for a new striker - I took it to mean that we probably won't get Waghorn, but this would also fit the bill.....

Might explain the comments on Radio Derby this morning that we may be widening our search for a new striker - I took it to mean that we probably won't get Waghorn, but this would also fit the bill.....

Personally I just thought that it meant that if we failed to get Waghorn, we'd be in for another striker with pace.

If this happened, we'd be relying on the midfielders heavily again, which I can't see working at the moment.

Kuqi won't score for us either, not many. I'd take him back on loan till the end of the season again just as an option but to think he would be one of our main starters I wouldn't find that appealing.

Don't you think that part of the problem (and to my mind, the reason that the decline started) was that without Kuqi (or someone like him), we allow teams to play 20 yards further up the pitch which stifles our midfield and puts extra pressure on the defence, When Kuqi was in the side, the opposition found themselves under pressure from the back because he was always in their faces - once Moore came into the side, that pressure was missing (we started to try and catch teams on the break using Moore's pace) and consequently we stopped dominating teams - with a lone striker, you need someone who can apply pressure - I'm not sure that Porter can do that given his current levels of fitness, so would welcome the big man back (if he'd come!)

Don't you think that part of the problem (and to my mind, the reason that the decline started) was that without Kuqi (or someone like him), we allow teams to play 20 yards further up the pitch which stifles our midfield and puts extra pressure on the defence, When Kuqi was in the side, the opposition found themselves under pressure from the back because he was always in their faces - once Moore came into the side, that pressure was missing (we started to try and catch teams on the break using Moore's pace) and consequently we stopped dominating teams - with a lone striker, you need someone who can apply pressure - I'm not sure that Porter can do that given his current levels of fitness, so would welcome the big man back (if he'd come!)

I think he certainly helped, and Porter will take a while to get back to a level of fitness where he can do that, but Kuqi for me isn't anywhere near as prolific as he needs to be to head up our front line.

If we can get someone with Kuqis workrate but better finishing, then that'd be great. Waghorn is a very busy player in the same style, he could do this.

Kuqi missed chance after chance, if he were here during this bad run people would be bringing up the amount of chances missed.

I'd welcome Kuqi back.

At the time I can understand why Clough thought there'd be more mileage in Luke Moore, younger, quicker, decent finsher etc but football is a team game and sometimes a particular player just gels with the others.

You can't predict it and its often an unusual combination and mostly down to luck, but it seemed to work.

Kuqi for the rest of the season - give him the chance to win a contract for next and see how it goes.

One things for sure - that clown who had his arms round Porter's neck every time on saturday would have known about it with Kuqi!

I think he certainly helped, and Porter will take a while to get back to a level of fitness where he can do that, but Kuqi for me isn't anywhere near as prolific as he needs to be to head up our front line.

If we can get someone with Kuqis workrate but better finishing, then that'd be great. Waghorn is a very busy player in the same style, he could do this.

Kuqi missed chance after chance, if he were here during this bad run people would be bringing up the amount of chances missed.

I would say he doesn't have to be prolific, as our good runs proves, the goals came from all over the park, the workhorse upfront and the two in midfield gave the likes off Bueno, Commons, Cwyka and Green the freedom they needed.

Would bloody love him back, one of the reasons we did so well when Kuqi was in the side was his ability to unsettle defenders. Chasing them down, roughing them up in the air and winning his headers, as well as his general hold-up play, allowed Commons, Bueno and Cywka to exploit the gaps Shefki was able to expose. In unsettling defenders and holding up play, Shefki allowed the midfield three to run in and finish the opportunities. He'll never score 20 a season for us, but he'd ideally create 20 or 30.

Would bloody love him back, one of the reasons we did so well when Kuqi was in the side was his ability to unsettle defenders. Chasing them down, roughing them up in the air and winning his headers, as well as his general hold-up play, allowed Commons, Bueno and Cywka to exploit the gaps Shefki was able to expose. In unsettling defenders and holding up play, Shefki allowed the midfield three to run in and finish the opportunities. He'll never score 20 a season for us, but he'd ideally create 20 or 30.

110% agree ,its a team game and if the total is greater than the sum of the parts you are on to something ,sticks out like a sore thumb what he brought to the side. Some of Derby's best centre forwards [O'Hare] did not appear that prolific but made them tick.

Well said sir. Totally agree.

I wish I could add more.

We get a mention here http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2011/01/20/leon-britton-in-sensational-return-to-swansea-city-91466-28019034/

The last paragraph says that Kuqi is likely to make an exit and we may make a bid for him. It also says Swansea may have to pay up his contract so he can leave. Maybe we are waiting to see if we can pick him as a free transfer on out terms, rather than loaning to the end if the season, so we can keep him next season.

Archived