Shefki Kuqi

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love him back, he offers something we don't have at the moment- hold up play and strength in the air. Looking at Porters "prowess" in the air since he returned has been painful! Also when we play the ball forward it just comes straight back at the minute as there is no strength on the ball.

Big, strong centre forward coming to the end of his career with the potential to become a local legend? Hmm, Stevie Howard MkII?

Skysports.com understands Shefki Kuqi has left Championship outfit Swansea by mutual consent.

It is reported that the experienced Finnish striker has agreed to have his contract cancelled, allowing him to leave as a free agent.

The 34-year-old's deal was due to expire at the end of the season, but the Swans were keen to cut their wage bill at this stage.

Kuqi, who moved to the Liberty Stadium in January 2010, will now be hoping to secure a deal elsewhere as soon as possible.

He is a player of vast experience and has already turned out for Stockport, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich, Blackburn, Crystal Palace, Fulham and Derby in English football.

It is understood that there are already a number of clubs prepared to offer him a contract, with sides from the Championship and League One believed to be in the running.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6703294,00.html

Please Please Please!! Sign him now hes on a free! id prefer to give him (although 34) a contract than porter a new one! porters meant to be a target man! What a joke!

We would be daft not to sign him! If only a 16 month contract, doubt his wages will be high and he'll be backed down here.

We don't need him. Callum Ball scored again.

Give him a chance. He can not be worse than Porter.

DCFC U18 1-0 Southend United U18.

Callum Ball heads the Rams ahead after 34 minutes at Pride Park Stadium

I would genuinely rather see Callum Balk each week than Porter.

I would genuinely rather see Callum Balk each week than Porter.

So? We still need atleast 2 more strikers.

If the only good signing clough makes please let it be kuqi he's what helped us get into the top half of the table sign him up know clough.

I'd bet he'd come to thought he enjoyed it here.

He did a great job while he was here but I just don't think that bringing him back is a step in the right direction. striker is a very key position, especially in our formation, we need to find the right type of striker for now and for the future. Austin is our man, he fits the bill perfectly, and we should be able to get him for a similar fee as the one we bid for hooper. Cloughly sign him up

When he was here on loan i was impressed how he was left as a lone striker, reason being he ran his arse off, and for a big bloke, thats good. He would take the ball down and hold it why the likes of cywka and bueno came forward.

This is what has not been happening, the long ball game is gradually starting again but theres no one up there who is any good at it.

Archived