Shefki Kuqi

Hucknall Ram

Swannsea Release Kuqi

Have I missed something or has nobody spotted this which was been on Sky Sports website since yesterday:

Swansea City have confirmed Shefki Kuqi is free to find another club after cancelling the remainder of his contract.

Skysports.com revealed earlier in the week that Kuqi was set to leave the Liberty Stadium after struggling to make an impact this season.

The veteran striker joined the Swans 12 months ago from TuS Koblenz and scored seven goals in 24 appearances for the club.

He spent three months on loan at Championship rivals Derby County earlier in the campaign and Swans boss Brendan Rodgers confirmed the Finn's exit.

Rodgers told the club's official website: "Unfortunately it hasn't worked out for Shefki this season because he hasn't played as much as he would have liked.

"However, it goes without saying that he has always conducted himself in a totally professional manner on and off the field.

"He is a terrific individual and we all wish him well in his next challenge."

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's weighing up his options over the weekend,

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/sport/Kuqi-looks-forward-end-Swans-days/article-3155771-detail/article.html

Suggestions us and Huddersfield could be interested. Says he's already had some talks with someone.

Maybe dependent on Sammon? Might miss the fish bit get the Finn.

No...it's just another tale.

He's weighing up his options over the weekend,

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/sport/Kuqi-looks-forward-end-Swans-days/article-3155771-detail/article.html

Suggestions us and Huddersfield could be interested. Says he's already had some talks with someone.

Maybe dependent on Sammon? Might miss the fish bit get the Finn.

Sign the Fin for 6 months, the Fish I'm not so sure. Averaged 1 goal every 3.5 games for Kilmarnock, he wont be a 20 goals a season striker for us, if anything a slightly better Chris Porter. He's still young so there might be more to come from him!

Sign the Fin for 6 months, the Fish I'm not so sure. Averaged 1 goal every 3.5 games for Kilmarnock, he wont be a 20 goals a season striker for us, if anything a slightly better Chris Porter. He's still young so there might be more to come from him!

Overall his record hasn't be been brilliant at Killie but he seems to be on fire this season. I know the standard isn't the same as the champ but he has scored against celtic and rangers so I would be happy to see what he can do down here. I'd slap a proper bid in now though and not leave it til the last minute when the price will inflate depending on other interest

Overall his record hasn't be been brilliant at Killie but he seems to be on fire this season. I know the standard isn't the same as the champ but he has scored against celtic and rangers so I would be happy to see what he can do down here. I'd slap a proper bid in now though and not leave it til the last minute when the price will inflate depending on other interest

also got to wary of how quickly football changes, this time last year there was only forest going in for gareth bale now he is subject of a 40million pound bid from inter.

a lot can change in a year.

Striker Shefki Kuqi, who spent a loan spell at Derby earlier this season, has had his contract at Swansea terminated by mutual consent but Derby seem unlikely to bring him back to Pride Park.

"We are aware of how well he did for us early on, he didn't do so well after that and spent the last month on the bench. I don't see how he is going to give us too much different at the moment," said Clough.

Porter wasn't fit when Kuqi was here, I know it's highly questionable if he's actually fit now but it was Moore that took Kuqi's place. Porter only started to come onto the bench after Kuqi had gone.

Can I just add I maybe totally incorrect about that, it's still early and the coffee has yet to kick in.

Striker Shefki Kuqi, who spent a loan spell at Derby earlier this season, has had his contract at Swansea terminated by mutual consent but Derby seem unlikely to bring him back to Pride Park.

"We are aware of how well he did for us early on, he didn't do so well after that and spent the last month on the bench. I don't see how he is going to give us too much different at the moment," said Clough.

Hmm, the ability to hold the ball up, the ability to create space, the ability to bring other players into the game, and the ability to score goals.

All of which we are lacking at the moment.

Even if we wanted him the way he's been treated by Clough would surely mean he wouldn't come anywhere near the place again. Thanks Nigel.

Now, correct me if I'm slightly wrong on this, but didn't Clough put him on the bench and tinker with a winning team at the time?

How he can say the player didn't do too well, when he left him on the bench makes me laugh.

I suppose getting someone in who is already fit, isn't an option. Instead, we have to beg, steal, borrow players coming back from injury.

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew eyes surprise swoop for journeyman Shefki Kuqi

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 1:21 AM on 9th February 2011

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Newcastle are interested in Finland striker Shefki Kuqi as a short term replacement for Andy Carroll.

Manager Alan Pardew has been forced to explore all possibilities after running out of time to bring in a striker on transfer deadline day then having his squad depleted further by Shola Ameobi fracturing a cheekbone against Fulham. Ameobi had surgery on Tuesday and will be ruled out until April.

Surprise move: Pardew has lined up Kuqi as a potential replacement for Carroll

Former Middlesbrough striker Jeremie Aliadiere held talks with the club on Monday and Brazilian striker Ewerthon has been discussed but 6ft 2ins target man Kuqi is also under consideration.

The 34-year-old is not in the Finland squad for their international with Belgium as he is keen to sort out his future.

Not so handy Andy: Carroll joined Liverpool on deadline-day

He is a free agent after cancelling his contract with Swansea by mutual consent and has been courted by several Championship sides - but the prospect of a dream move to Newcastle will mean all offers will be shelved until Pardew makes his decision.

Kuqi, who is renowned for his bellyflop goal celebration, is vastly experienced and his physical presence could sway a deal in his favour.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1355012/Shefki-Kuqi-wanted-Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew.html#ixzz1DSIhIXmX

Archived