Shefki Kuqi

Hucknall Ram

You can't just go cancelling players contracts willy nilly, it might be easy in Football Manager but not in the real world.

The player has to agree to having his contract cancelled, Davies is currently out injured, he would have no hope of getting a new club at the moment. If Clough called him into his office and said look we want to cancel your contract, do you think he would say "yeah no probs, I'll clear my locker out now?" and toddle off down to the Job Centre for a temp cleaning job?

Not a chance he would want his wages from what he would of earned, so now the club has to stump up the wages for the remainder of his contract now, rather than spreading them out over the next 8 months.

The club could sack the players but they would need a pretty good reason to do so and not pay his wages, like taking drugs or getting locked up for drink driving.

Davies contract is up at the end of the season and I think it's highly unlikely he will be offered a new deal, no doubt he will sign for another Championship club and go on to play 40 games for his new club and our fans would berate Clough for letting him go.

That my point earlier, also I think Porter has 20 months left so much will that cost, unless we can pin them down to insurance claims like Giles Barnes

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't you understand it doesn't free up the wage bill at all? he will still get his wages but in a lump sum. Say for arguments sake he's on 10k pw, for the remainder of his contract your looking at 360k, where do you think that money will come from?

Also don't forget his bonuses, he could be on a goal bonus, league finish bonus that he could also demand.

If you keep him and he's fit for January and a club offers to take him off us for free then no problems, although considering his injury track record that will be highly unlikey.

I see what you are saying, if the wage bill is £10 million a year, that £360k will come out of the £10 million allowance. There for the money won't be there in January for new players because because you used the allowance up, so less players for the same money?

My guess and that's all it is and I could be talking total tripe but, budgets are set before the season starts, Clough will know his budget for transfers and wages.

Releasing players from their contracts isn't a cheaper option, it's only usually done if both player and club feel it's time they moved on and the player is happy to take a reduced settlement. Or the player is causing trouble behind the scenes and it's in the clubs best interests to pay him off.

Like I said earlier for arguments sake say he's on 10k a week and that would be 360k in total, wages are paid weekly or monthly whatever and I'm guessing the clubs matchday revenue and shirt sales etc. goes some way to paying the wages during the season.

Because you have to pay up front the money has to come from somewhere else, my guess is that would come from the transfer kitty (lol) and the transfer kitty would be topped back up as the weeks pass.

It wouldn't alter the wage budget for the season nor will it have any effect on January transfer window and being able to bring in new players.

It seems utterly pointless just to pay off a player with 8 months remaining on his contract, who knows what will happen in the second half of the season with injuries. Davies could fill a spot on the bench being 80% fit and coming on for 10 minutes in the odd game and you never know score important goals.

Finally what as all this got to do with Kuqi? grrrr

Tom Glicks piece in saturdays programme,he stated that Hulse was 31 and was a good time to get some money for him( which I will come back to).He then said we will be looking at premiership players who havent made the clubs 25.

Then we get kuqi,33 years of age,Ipswich didnt want him,or Palace,or Swansea but Savage does so we get him.Who the Fecking hell is running this team??

I would agree with the sale of Hulse if we had a replacement,but we didnt.Saturday was proof of that.I believe we cant get Fryatt because of wages.

If this kind of mis-business continues we will be relegated my friends.We will be debt free,but will be in league 1.

Tom Glicks piece in saturdays programme,he stated that Hulse was 31 and was a good time to get some money for him( which I will come back to).He then said we will be looking at premiership players who havent made the clubs 25.

Then we get kuqi,33 years of age,Ipswich didnt want him,or Palace,or Swansea but Savage does so we get him.Who the Fecking hell is running this team??

I would agree with the sale of Hulse if we had a replacement,but we didnt.Saturday was proof of that.I believe we cant get Fryatt because of wages.

If this kind of mis-business continues we will be relegated my friends.We will be debt free,but will be in league 1.

Doesn't matter, if we didn't sell Hulse, he still wouldn't of played because he was injured

We needed a striker, we got one , whats the problem ?

Ok hes 33, its for 3 months, we all want a permanent striker but they don't come cheap and those that are any good hold out for stupid wages which we and many teams are not prepared to pay now.

Why do we keep having a go at players before they have even played a game.

because this signing was a kneejerk reaction, i don't think the calibre of players from the 25 premierleague squads came available of which they thought. I would agree to the sale of hulse if we had a replacement, wood wont be leaving westbrom for a good while because of injuries. Personally for me kuqi may not be a good bit of buisness didn't do well last season and is getting on, however it is a short term fix and if he can get us through 3 months and then we bring in a permament fix then it will be good.

because this signing was a kneejerk reaction, i don't think the calibre of players from the 25 premierleague squads came available of which they thought. I would agree to the sale of hulse if we had a replacement, wood wont be leaving westbrom for a good while because of injuries. Personally for me kuqi may not be a good bit of buisness didn't do well last season and is getting on, however it is a short term fix and if he can get us through 3 months and then we bring in a permament fix then it will be good.

dickov was bout same age and he was one of the better strikers we had in the past 2 seasons if kuqi has half the work rate as him id be happy

atleast hell be on the pitch more often than not.still wouldnt mind seeing fryatt here though rather than wood

dickov was bout same age and he was one of the better strikers we had in the past 2 seasons if kuqi has half the work rate as him id be happy

atleast hell be on the pitch more often than not

i'm not doubting that however it looks over the other points, that he had a poor season last season and it was a kneejerk reaction. If we get a long term replacement in janurary thing may be a bit more rosey if not then everything could come tumbling down

Most of last season he was playing in Germany, and was knocking them in left right and centre, scored a few after jan when he moved to the Swans on a free aswell. Not been playing much this season. Scored 2 though.

Most of last season he was playing in Germany, and was knocking them in left right and centre, scored a few after jan when he moved to the Swans on a free aswell. Not been playing much this season. Scored 2 though.

they were in league cup against lower league opposition, playing for swansea he scored 5, personally they havn't delivered what they have promised which was a better calibre of player than ones available earlier on the market. I tihnk kuqi may be alright for 3 months but personally i feel slightly disapointed at who we got in

Kuqi is not the long term answer YR, the club havn't loaned with a view to buy have they.

It's a short term stop gap, to give us a big man up front to get some points on the table. Stop worrying.

I know but we are loaning in worse players than we sold, i know it's a short term stop gap and that we will sign a striker in janurary, i'm not worrying honestly.

Archived