Shefki Kuqi

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 thing i dont understand is if Clough genuinly wanted him why didnt he sign him up after his loan expired before the jordies got him , i personally would like him back

At the time we had Porter, Clough saw him as the same type of player. Since then Porter has left and Glick has loosened the purse strings it would seem.

I wouldn't mind him ack! He is a big man, who knows where the goal is and he clearly puts his heart and passion into every game!!! If its a short contract and we aren't paying him the earth in wages then definitely!!!

I wouldn't even bring him back for the goals. Get him at the head of the 4-2-3-1 again. Let him do what he does best, hold up the ball and bring the three attacking midfielders into play. Play Ward and two others behind him and we'll do no wrong.

Sign him up Nige

1 thing i dont understand is if Clough genuinly wanted him why didnt he sign him up after his loan expired before the jordies got him , i personally would like him back

Maybe the newcastle move was already on the cards he wanted a crack at the prem? Either way, if he does come back it makes a mockery of all the rumours about him and Clough having a bust up and hating each other!

Like many on here, think he would be welcomed back with open arms by the players. He is a model pro and leads by example on the pitch, with his hard work ethic. Doubt it would happen, but lets see. We need experienced players for the coming season and a battering Ram like him would certainly come in handy. You know what you would get with Kuqi at least. No gamble there.

Clough does seem to have a habit of bringing back players he has already worked with as well, so you never know.

After releasing him Newcastle had high praises for Kuqi`s work ethics at the training ground. While he was still playing in Finland one of his managers said that they have to calm him down at the training ground, otherwise he will run himself exhausted. Pushes everybody else to train harder by his example.

Saw him play only twice this season, Palace and Boro at home. I was with my friend there and we were a bit surprised that he didn`t have bigger role in corners. He used to be very good at distracting opposite players when properly used in corners and free kicks. I think he still could cause some havoc at the box but I must admit that I`m not tactically spot on as a football coach.

Would be nice to see him at Pride Park though.

I'd like to see the big guy back. I am sure I saw something about Savage saying he was the laziest trainer he had ever seen and presume that gave rise to the rumour that Clough fell out with him due to lack of work effort in training- maybe Sav was being sarcastic (he usually is!) and he trained too hard.

I'd like to see the big guy back. I am sure I saw something about Savage saying he was the laziest trainer he had ever seen and presume that gave rise to the rumour that Clough fell out with him due to lack of work effort in training- maybe Sav was being sarcastic (he usually is!) and he trained too hard.

It is 02.23 am here and I`ve been drinking a few London Prides so can`t remember what club Kuqi was in when he got into trouble with his manager and got dropped to reserves team. He trained so hard that reserve team coach called the manager and told that you have to come and see this guy, you just can`t keep him here, he doesn´t belong here, he deserves a new chance. They gave him a second chance and he played pretty well.

Just can`t remember what team it was. God damned beer.:D

It is 02.23 am here and I`ve been drinking a few London Prides so can`t remember what club Kuqi was in when he got into trouble with his manager and got dropped to reserves team. He trained so hard that reserve team coach called the manager and told that you have to come and see this guy, you just can`t keep him here, he doesn´t belong here, he deserves a new chance. They gave him a second chance and he played pretty well.

Just can`t remember what team it was. God damned beer.:D

AC Kosovo Under 12's??

strange if true

nigel ballsed it up by dropping kuqi and showed little interest in him...

and you wouldnt describe kuqi as the 'talismanic forward' which we are supposedly after would you?

Another one for the bench I reckon if true.

Archived