Shefki Kuqi

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County today landed experienced striker Shefki Kuqi on a three-month loan from Swansea City.

The 33-year-old Finland international forward goes straight into the Derby squad to face Hull City on Tuesday evening in the npower Championship.

The powerhouse forward boasts well in excess of 300 career appearances, as well as over 100 goals and Premier League experience.

Kuqi is no stranger to Derby fans, as he has scored in each of his last three appearances against the Rams whilst playing for Crystal Palace and Swansea.

He scored in both of Palace's victories against Derby in the 2008/09 season, and scored the only goal of the game when Swansea visited Pride Park last season.

Manager Nigel Clough told dcfc.co.uk: "Shefki has been a potent threat against us in the past, and now we hope he can do exactly the same in a Derby County shirt.

"He will give us a presence in attack; he is big, strong and has been a goalscorer wherever he has been."

Kuqi arrives at Pride Park with two goals to his name for Swansea this season in the Carling Cup against Barnet and Tranmere Rovers.

He arrived in England in 2001 with Stockport County from his native Finland, where his impressive displays earned him a £1 million move to Sheffield Wednesday in 2002.

After almost two years at Hillsborough he moved to Ipswich Town, where he scored 28 goals in 78 games before moving to the Premier League with Blackburn Rovers in 2005 where he played alongside Rams skipper Robbie Savage.

A big-money move to Crystal Palace beckoned in 2006, and after brief loan spells with Fulham and Ipswich he joined Koblenz in Germany where he prolifically found the net.

He returned to the Championship with Swansea midway through last season and scored five times as the Swans narrowly missed out on a playoff spot.

On the international scene, Kuqi has scored seven times in 60 international appearances for Finland.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/javaImages/b3/0/0,,10270~9044147,00

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270~2151952,00.html

Lets all celebrate we've sold our top scorer and signed a fat Finnish bloke on loan as a replacement.

It reminds me of that crap party song "Chirpy Chirpy cheap sheep"

Or have got rid of our top scorer who is 31 next month, had 9 months on his contract left, who can't play for QPR yet because he is injured( and been ruled out for another two weeks I may add), with a injury that won't go away at his age,and swap for a striker who was with a team who finished in the playoffs last season, who is fit, injury free and at a age that he just wants to play, I don't care if he fat if he makes or score goals I and rest of the fans should be happy.

Hulse really still out for another 2 weeks? Guess that squashes the theories that Clough wasn't playing him to prevent injury that would scupper a move away from the club.

Interesting to see how many games he gets at QPR this season.

Hulse really still out for another 2 weeks? Guess that squashes the theories that Clough wasn't playing him to prevent injury that would scupper a move away from the club.

Interesting to see how many games he gets at QPR this season.

This is what I heard, I haven't got facts about it, but that is the reason why he didn't play Saturday.

Archived