Surviving on £1 a day for food and drink

sage
Message added by Day,

Many families across the county may be forced to rely on food banks for the first time this year, with businesses either closing down or laying off staff.

If you can, even if it's just the cost of a pie and a pint or even a match ticket, please donate and help us put a meal on a family's table tonight.

https://www.derbycitymission.org.uk/fundraisers/dcfc-fans-food-poverty

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

Payday on Monday so will be sending some to the fundraiser!

Cheers Chap

Today's thirsty shopping was

Salami, Pasta Pot and Steak Pies 70% off

Bread and Apple Pie 90% off

£1.84 for todays food

6 hours ago, sage said:

We have now reached £500. Halfway there.

Here is the link t help the Food Bank

https://www.derbycitymission.org.uk/fundraisers/dcfc-fans-food-poverty

Well done, mate.

If you've been unable to acquire any of the Bokbier, I snaffled another 24 bottles today - so I'm happy to add a 4-pack of that to the big bottle of Straffe that's got your name on it.

Hope to see you at the Glamorgan match.

Sterling effort here lads.  Rather you than me! (To my shame!)

After last night, I was tempted to give you a tip... but I can't guarantee the same outcome, so probably too risky...
Ate and drank in the Carnero lounge at the foot of St Peters St.
Food was fine/as expected... but the timing/service was appalling!  I was literally on my last forkful, by the time Muckerette's meal (plus my side order of fries) turned up!  33 minutes apart!  ( I was just on my way to the bar to complain, when I saw the missing food finally being taken to our table!)  You'd rightly expect two meals being ordered at the same time to be served within two minutes of each other (Allowing for the fact the serving staff have to run up and down stairs).
After politely requesting an audience with "De Management", I was gonna kick off big time, upturn a few tables, and forcefully demand a couple of halves as a goodwill gesture... but I didn't get chance, as the Manager couldn't apologise enough, and offered a full refund!  
Technically, we paid for our first drinks, but were offered (and accepted) a second drink each (free), in addition to the refund for the food bill.
Result!... apart from the fact Muckerette kept nibbling at my cheesy garlic ciabatta as she waited for her scran to turn up! ?

For the record, it appeared we were not alone... they were clearly understaffed, and there were hints of other refunds being requested/offered at other tables, and countless apologies from the under-pressure staff.  I don't envy them... and they have my full respect!

Anyway... where was I... Oh yeah... this...

... I will be donating the difference in what I would normally spend on a supermarket shop for the two of us. 

Have you done this yet, @sage, or are you totting up at the end? 
Once you've sorted it, I'll match it to the penny. 

... Around £25 of that will be courtesy of the staff/Manager at The Carnero Lounge, anyway!  It's only fair... we came out feeling stuffed!  ?

Edited by Mucker1884

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Sterling effort here lads.  Rather you than me! (To my shame!)

After last night, I was tempted to give you a tip... but I can't guarantee the same outcome, so probably too risky...
Ate and drank in the Carnero lounge at the foot of St Peters St.
Food was fine/as expected... but the timing/service was appalling!  I was literally on my last forkful, by the time Muckerette's meal (plus my side order of fries) turned up!  33 minutes apart!  ( I was just on my way to the bar to complain, when I saw the missing food finally being taken to our table!)  You'd rightly expect two meals being ordered at the same time to be served within two minutes of each other (Allowing for the fact the serving staff have to run up and down stairs).
After politely requesting an audience with "De Management", I was gonna kick off big time, upturn a few tables, and ask for a couple of halves as a goodwill gesture... but I didn't get chance, as the Manager couldn't apologise enough, and offered a full refund!  
Technically, we paid for our first drinks, but were offered a second drink each (free), in addition to the refund for the food bill.
Result!... apart from the fact Muckerette kept nibbling at my cheesy garlic ciabatta as she waited for her scran to turn up! ?

For the record, it appeared we were not alone... they were clearly understaffed, and there were hints of other refunds being requested/offered at other tables, and countless apologies from the under-pressure staff.  I don't envy them... and they have my full respect!

Anyway... where was I... Oh yeah... this...

Have you done this yet, @sage, or are you totting up at the end? 
Once you've sorted it, I'll match it to the penny. 

... Around £25 of that will be courtesy of the staff/Manager at The Carnero Lounge, anyway!  It's only fair... we came out feeling stuffed!  ?

mine was the first donation, £25

I've done another £10 since to get us over the £500 mark

Good effort on the free snap front

Edited by sage

5 minutes ago, sage said:

mine was the first donation, £25

I've done another £10 since to get us over the £500 mark

Good effort on the free snap front

?

I'll pop in nearer the final whistle, and settle up.  

Keep it up... you pair of heroes, you!   ??

1 hour ago, sage said:

Last skanky bit of Morrisons shopping

Small loaf 17p

Cooked chicken breast 50p

Vegan Pasty 18p

5 choc orange doughnuts 12p

Great work you and your lad have done, but you nearly got me a telling off from the missus!

She spied the bank statement, and saw an amount to Derby City Mission on there.

She instantly assumed I'd contributed to a new phoenix club, and rang angrily to ask wtf was I thinking!